Sign in to follow this  
Yones12

Blade Diffrence?????

The angle of the tip. 45 degree blades are for general use. 60 degree blades are for thicker material and fine detail. (the blade tapers more so it doesn't move the material as much around corners)

Jay

15 degrees. Sorry, I had to.

LOL

I generally just use 60 degree blades becasue I do a lot of small car window decals and stuff so its easier just to keep my 60 degree clean cut blade in the holder.

Okay Thanks, Yeah im going to purchase both 45 and 60 , and im going to purchase another blade holder so i dont get mixed up :thumbsup:

Guest manwayvan

No need to purchase another holder. Clean cut blades are obviously different that other blades(they are alot thicker) and you can tell a big difference between the 45 and 60 also. Just unless you want to I would not buy another holder just to try to distinguish between the 2 as there is an obvious visual difference

Guest manwayvan

If your going with clean cuts then thats a def YES!..lol It even tells you on the little box that they send them out in to decrease force by I think 30 to 50 %...I went from 95 to 55 using a 45 degree clean cut with oracal 651 if that helps. Also you may have to adjust your offset too.

I use a 60 degree CC blade for pretty much everything, from 1 mil SignGold to 6 mil paintmask. Just haven't found a reason to swap back and forth.

No need to purchase another holder. Clean cut blades are obviously different that other blades(they are alot thicker) and you can tell a big difference between the 45 and 60 also. Just unless you want to I would not buy another holder just to try to distinguish between the 2 as there is an obvious visual difference

I actually have purchased an extra holder for each of my machines I have had 1 for normal vinyl and one for metallics and reflective as the are harder on blades - I usually use a blade that doesn't do the extra fine detail good anymore for the reflective etc as it is still good enough for them.  If you cut metallics and then go back to do some fine stuff you will find the blade usually wont do well

Guest manwayvan

Oh yah..If your cutter diff material then def get ya a different holder so when you get your blade set then you dont have to keep swappin out and readjusting depth