switchatvmc

large graphic application

I am putting  my business name and website etc on the side of my sales trailer, here is what i've got its 5 1/2 ft long by about a ft and half tall

switchtrailergraphics.jpg

my question is, how do i do this, all in one peice?, or separate the lines...should i use some kind of application fluid....?

thanx

Byran

If it is all one color, there are diffent options for you to pursue... If you are installing by your self, I would install it dry, using the hinge method... I found this video on youtube to kind of show you, Its of a windshield decal, but you should get the idea, yours will just be on a larger scale... I am in no way affiliated with the company that posted this video. Heres the link

If you have some to help you align the graphic, I would do it using the wet application method, all in one piece... This will probably give you better results as with the wet application technique, there is seldom any air bubbles at all, it just takes longer, but the results are well worth it...

Im a strong believer in applying decals wet, I've actually installed the body decal on my car, using the wet method, by myself, without any application tape... 

I almost never do a dry application,especially on vehicles or other hard surfaces. Too many bubbles no matter how careful you are.

The hinge method has been suggested here... I often combine the 2...hinge and wet.Just do the hinge,apply the app fluid to the first side,squeegie it down,then do the second side. It works for me.

BUT for a large graphic,personally I would devide it up. I use china markers (office depot has them) to make reference lines. The lines rub off with a bit of soapy water and a lot of rubbing but come off very easily with a TINY amount of WD40 on a sponge.

Thats just how I do it,nobody told me,I just tried a lot of ways and that worked best for me.

Oh,AFTER I figured this all out I bought a DVD on ebay,sign making...has some good tips and about 3 hours on Vehicle graphics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170076588699&rd=1&rd=1

well worth 12 bucks,if you only learn one thing you didn't know.

I almost never do a dry application,especially on vehicles or other hard surfaces. Too many bubbles no matter how careful you are.

The hinge method has been suggested here... I often combine the 2...hinge and wet.Just do the hinge,apply the app fluid to the first side,squeegie it down,then do the second side. It works for me.

BUT for a large graphic,personally I would devide it up. I use china markers (office depot has them) to make reference lines. The lines rub off with a bit of soapy water and a lot of rubbing but come off very easily with a TINY amount of WD40 on a sponge.

Thats just how I do it,nobody told me,I just tried a lot of ways and that worked best for me.

Oh,AFTER I figured this all out I bought a DVD on ebay,sign making...has some good tips and about 3 hours on Vehicle graphics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170076588699&rd=1&rd=1

Banner. Try using a stabillo. they come in blue or white. you can rub it right off with the sweat off your forehead. lol

John I use stabilo pencils clean off very easy just a little water (core read your post after I posted didnt mean to be redundant)

Wow, this thread is old................

Just like some of us posting in it!  :thumbsup:

I'm still pretty much a noob, but I think I could design, cut, weed, and apply that graphic in the video in 6 and a half minutes. I feel sorry for the guy that was holding the camera for that long... I nearly feel asleep watching it.

I rarely make any negative comments on a forum, but this one was stressing me out. :thumbsup: