Sign in to follow this  
emeister

Desktop Nameplate

Made it for a friends wife.  Mirror is 2.5" x 12" inserted approx. 1/2" into the wood.  Base is 2.5" x 12" x 0.75" oak.  Sandblasted on the back, then put "etched vinyl" across the back to give the etched look.

For those who do mirrors, what would you charge for something like this?

post-5380-12986550510634_thumb.jpg

post-5380-12986550522662_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good  :thumbsup:

I can't help you with pricing simply because I suck at it :thumbsup: , but to me you just wasted the vinyl since you really blasted the thing from behind you should have achieve the look you were looking for just with the blasting.

Guest kenya

Looks pretty good  :thumbsup:

I can't help you with pricing simply because I suck at it :thumbsup: , but to me you just wasted the vinyl since you really blasted the thing from behind you should have achieve the look you were looking for just with the blasting.

+1..... I agree, you would get the same look by blasting the front of the mirror.

My guess is that maybe the etching looks deeper the way you did it.... I'll try it that way.  :thumbsup:

Pricing is according to how much time you spent & what you prefer to make on your profit, after the purchase of the mirror & wood.

Guest Schramm

I have blasted for years and once you blast there is no need for etched glass vinyl.  I offer etched glass vinyl here as an alternative to sandblasting.  By no means can it take the place of sandblasting however it has its place as many people want etching but cant have it do to renting over owning.

The idea is good, but I would just get a card holder for the stand insted of making it out of wood, there is a ton of decorative metal card holders.  As for pricing, blasted mirror can go for $40 but it is only a good add on and not a good business to try to make.  I did nameplates for an attorneys firm about 1 year ago and I will post the pics later, they were done in antique mirror and the names were gilded.

If you want to see how to use etched glass vinyl - I am posting one in "Show your Work" titled Etched Glass vinyl

post-0-12986550551255_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550551606_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550552003_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550563623_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550563858_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550564114_thumb.jpg