Sign in to follow this  
cuincolor

Rear Window Heaters / Vinyl App

I just saw one car window I did 6 months ago & most of the vinyl is coming off. The owner said that he would turn back window heater on to melt ice. Dumb question? Does this heat enough to have the vinyl start to come off? Looks like that is the case, never seen it before, he did say that he did not scrape the window & under investigation it does not look like it is being scraped.

Does anyone know of the correct vinyl to use with this type of application or will all vinyl keep doing the same thing..

Thanks for all your help.

Ive got some oracal 651 on my back window of my car and use the window heater and so far no peeling. Ive also done a few family members cars and told them to use the heater without scraping and so far no word of peeling yet. This is the first winter they have been on the glass.

Guest fivestar

You sure there wasn't rain x or some other kind of wax on the glass?  I've done hundreds on back glass and never had a problem.

Wife has several decals on back glass cleaned with alcohol before applying and used oracal 651 been on approximately 1 year and no problems also no complaints from other customers, Jhelms

Thanks to all that replied. I did clean the window with rubbing alcohol and applied during the summer but I did not use Or 651 so I think that might be the problem. I used brite line that I had on hand at the time. I guess you live and learn about using the correct vinyl for each application. Been pretty lucky up to this point with not problems on windows, so I guess I will cut the correct vinyl and put it back on the window..

AGAIN THANKS I love this forum such great people to look to for assistance..

Yea it could have been the vinyl. Stepping up and fixing it will also give the customer a good impression of you for fixing the problem so you will probably get more business out of him!