Sign in to follow this  
edge

Launching from Corel Issue?

Designed a text only project today in Corel X3 using Arial bold font. Converted to curves and launched to SignCut X2 as I have done many times before. SignCut acted like it didn't recognize the project and populated the SignCut default vector instead. Went back and checked the project.....without finding the cause. I can export the project as EPS and import into SignCut just fine. Have since opened other projects in Corel and launched them just fine....Why do you suppose this is occurring with this project (converted to curves) only?

Not sure, you may have inadvertently changed the defaults in Corel or there is something strange in your text only file, two things first restore your defaults for exporting in corel by following the instructions in this FAQ http://signcutpro.com/component/option,com_quickfaq/Itemid,69/cid,4/id,6/view,items/

You also might want to upgrade to the Pro version if you are still using X2 to do so you may log in to the x2 site at www.sc-x2.com using your registered email and license number then scroll down and choose migrate and a new license will be created, your subscription will be transfered and download instructions will be emailed to you or you can go to www.signcutpro.com register for and download the trial for testing then email me your new and old license numbers at kimon@signcutusa.com and I will transfer it over for you. This way you can try it out before actually transferring.

Apparently that one file had corruption as I've been able to subsequently create an identical project without the problem when launching to SignCut X2. Have never encountered that and for it to occur without known rhyme or reason to me; is perplexing.

Got my dongle the middle of the week Kimon... If I understand correctly, I just plug it in and authenticate it on the X2? and then if I do desire to upgrade to PRO....do I just download the trail and go from there or do I need to make contact with SighCut? Thanks.

Your dongle will work with both x2 and pro, Insert the dongle launch the program and enter your activation code and the software will run, you may even use two versions on different machines. If you need download links drop me an email or Pm.

Thank you, appreciate the reply.  I reinstalled the SignCut X2 export plugins this week to see if SignIt would now function without corruption...it doesn't.  Same issuse here: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,9280.0.html

I'm still at a loss as to this corruption cause. If I update to PRO...I thought I read SignIt had been dropped from this version, is that correct? Guess I'm wondering if the updare would allow me to regain SignIt?

I downloaded the Pro 7 day trial about ten days ago and never got around to installing it. Probably too late for this install?

The pro version contains Signit, I am not sure where or who you heard that it was not included, they were mistaken. However Signit only works with a full install of CorelDraw x3 or x4 and not elements.

With your dongle you may use either version, the Trial is only limited by the license. If you have downloaded the program it is a full version and your dongle will allow it to run in full mode.

I am not quite sure what corruption you are talking about, I have looked at the refferenced thread and there are several different problems discused there and I will address them in that thread. If you would like to give me greater detail as to what is happening now I would be happy to try and address it. I would however suggest you give the pro version a trial as X2 is no longer being updated and microsoft and apple updates may interfere with its operation on your system now or in the future.