convictedthruChrist

ZenCut Green and Mac Os NO GO!!!

I have had no luck finding Mac drivers to support the ZenCut Green nor much help from support. I'm beginning to think it won't work with the Mac. The product details say it's loaded with drivers and extras, yes it is, just not for the Mac Os. I asked the salesman while ordering the product if it was Mac compatible, he said yes. Wrong again! The Zen Cut Green may be a newer product, yet isn't up to date with it's software  Huh?  I have tried countless google searches for a driver....... NONE!!!!! Unless that is, you have a Windows Os. Who made this Cutter, Bill Gates? I have tried to use several different cutters in Sign Cut Pro, Checked my Reg marks, Did a test cut straight from the cutter, searched for drivers, put in a support ticket, check all settings, read through the whole manual ( except putting together the stand ), Post messages on the Forum ( which I do think is an excellent forum ), Tried re-installing USB driver, stood on my head and asked ohh pretty please work, and created a bald spot on the top of my head!!!! Can someone just level with me and tell if this 60's style ZenCut Green will work with a Mac Os!!!! I would really like to go on with life outside of support forums!!! I had no probs with the Mh871 except it doesn't do contour cuts!

A few years back you had to use a keyspan adapter to get the usb ports to run on a mac. I think you can download the drivers from wherever you download them mac drivers now instead of actually having the adapter. The old post reffered to : Keyspan USA-19HS  aka  keyspanusadrvr as the driver. And you do have to reboot to load the driver to the machine. But this, or one of the other keyspan drivers should work with your OS. Hope that helps.

I don't think this is a problem with the cutter. It's not the cutter manufacturer that does the drivers. More likely the software. MOST likely neither..just the mac/usb driver. The computer isn't communicating with the machine.

Sooner or later Kimon will weigh in on this and sort it out.

I hate it that stuff like this always happens at the weekend when there is virtually no tech support available. But it will get sorted out.

I do agree with the weekend issue, unfortuanetly that's when I do my work. Should I keep this post on SC as well as Mac Forum? Or should I get rid of this post since Kimon is helping out on the Mac Forum?

Since it appears the Zencut Green is a rebranded GCC Puma, I Looked at GCC World site for Mac drivers, none are listed. It does show drivers for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.  I also am wondering if any of the Zencut models will be Mac compatible.

If that is the case then I suggest you get a keyspan adapter and bypass the internal usb/serial card.

I did notice when I preview the cut on the Gcc Puma, the preview is just a bunch of scribbles vs the design. For testing, I've just been trying to cut out the Sign Cut logo that is shown when you first open SC. I have also tried to cut Just the Letter C. Either which way, It doesn't seem to be reading the cutter

I really don't want to go this route, but if I run Parallels on my Mac, will I be able to access sign cut and Illustrator as well as run the Zen Cut Green? Or will I need to get use to a new program like Corel Draw, and have to re install SC?

I'm pretty sure even though you bought a keyspan adapter, you still have to download the keyspan driver updates to get it to work.

downloaded keyspan drivers, and still no go?:rolleyes:?::) I installed parallels for the mac and it read the usb, however, when I use the GCC Puma 11 with the usb I get a bunch of scribbles marks instead of the design. I have tried other cutters as well. I think there may be a software issue. It will show the design just fine under the graphtec and uscutter, but now us cutter doesn't give a usb option. SC is also directing me to fast forward or rewind screen every time I try to cut. This never happened before. I have a feeling I may need to re install SC. If so, how do I go about that? I don't want to do an un-install, then not be able to use my previous reg code.

I am sorry to hear you that you are having setup issues with your new ZenCut. I would be happy to log into your computer and help you set this up. Please either give me a call at 888-298-8143 or create a support ticket at support.uscutter.com. This will help us track your issue and get you taken care of in a timely manner.

Alright! Got communication with the zen cut green on the mac osx. Originally I bought a usb to serial connector and downloaded the keyspan driver which didn't work. The guys at Us cutter redirected me to the right " KEYSPAN ". No one I could find in California carried the right one, not even Apple  :thumbsup:  Found one through Wal-Mart, online only, of all places. Came with mac osx disk and loaded right up. Used the Jaguar II 61 under cutters in SC pro as recommended By US Cutters changed the device output from gcc usb to dev/cu/usa19H41p1. Cutter sems to reading fine, now to start cutting. Thanks for your help.

Walmart is good for something,anyway! Glad you got it running. Now please report on how it cuts. people are waiting to hear.

Nice to hear it worked out.

Many like  to know too if the contour cut is accurat with the automatic optical eye.

Paco