I am interested in a Copam CP-2500.  I have a cheap plotter that will not start and stop my cuts that the same point.  It leaves a same piece of vinyl left uncut.  Will this plotter do this?  What are the pro/con to the CP-2500.  Thanks

JW

Used one for several months and it was a GREAT cutter.  it cut smaller and better than any of the cheaper cutters.

I've had my cp2500 for a few years now and never had any mechanical problems with it. It cuts small lettering well and even fine detail. I run a lot of plotter art on it for hours and hours and it keeps going as long as I keep feeding it data. The only complaint I have is the feed rollers. Since it is not a full bar roller, you really have to watch your placement of material until your mind gets used to the setup. It runs faster than my mh721 which is good at times. But some of the plots I do seem to work better at the slower speed of the 721. For the money, it's a great deal! and I can attest to the fact that the cp2500 has a long cut/plot life.

I really appreciate the reviews.  Is it true that it only 2 clamp rollers?  Do you really need a third? Would you mind showing me the smallest you have cut on it?  Thanks!!!

I've had mine for around 3 years.  Mine has 5 possible locations for the 2 pinch rollers it came with so you have flexibility in using nearly any width material.  I think the new ones come with a third pinch roller.  Using a pinch roller in the center of the cut areas may leave the  impression of the knurled drive roller - it is supposed to go away - but I think some materials may be permanently marred.

I have found the limiting factor on small details is not the cutters ability to follow the cut path accurately, it is my ability to weed the small areas.  Sometimes I will leave the realy small waste until I mask and apply to the substrate - then weed away the unwanted parts.

To cut highly detailed stuff and tiny letters I use a new blade and slow down the speed.

If nobody posts any examples I'll post pics later when I get a chance

-Mike

That would be Mod Jens area - she has some listed on here somewhere compared to a dime