Sign in to follow this  
convictedthruChrist

GETTING THE MAC TO READ THE ZENCUT GREEN 24"

Did you install the Mac driver? I believe it is on the disc... I havent installed this machine on a Mac though so I am not quite sure. If not then do a google search for Puma III Mac drivers and that should solve your problem. Remember, you always need to restart your computer after installing drivers on a Mac.

The disc only contains windows drivers. I will keep trying on google, so far no luck :thumbsup: I specifically asked prior to buying, I was told there would be no problems. I'm sure it will all work out. I would rather be hunting drivers for a Mac than Fighting off viruses on a PC. Knock on Wood

Thanks, I will do that. I did notice that it seems my usb driver I downloaded into sign cut seems to be missing now. The cutter is trying to read off bluetooth. I'm going to try to re-do the usb into sign cut. If that fails, I'll try Kimon. Either which way I'll post the end results for anyone that may end up with the same prob. Thanks for all your help.

Did you install the Mac driver? I believe it is on the disc... I havent installed this machine on a Mac though so I am not quite sure. If not then do a google search for Puma III Mac drivers and that should solve your problem. Remember, you always need to restart your computer after installing drivers on a Mac.

Levi - you should have these drivers if you are supporting this machine . . .Why direct the customer to find his own driver?  This has been touted as being comparable to the graphtec CE5000-60 and we are looking for some feedback on the cutter. Now we have someone trying to give us something to go on and is told to go find your own driver?:thumbsup:??  Price on the machine is great compared to the competition for the same thing - is support??

Thanks Dakota  :thumbsup: It was a great time to read your tag at the bottom. Giving up sometimes seems to be the easy way out, and I'm feeling it now. I just don't understand why new software isn't Mac ready.

I have had no luck finding Mac drivers to support the ZenCut Green nor much help from support. I'm beginning to think it won't work with the Mac. The product details say it's loaded with drivers and extras, yes it is, just not for the Mac Os. I asked the salesman while ordering the product if it was Mac compatible, he said yes. Wrong again! The Zen Cut Green may be a newer product, yet isn't up to date with it's software  :thumbsup:  I have tried countless google searches for a driver....... NONE!!!!! Unless that is, you have a Windows Os. Who made this Cutter, Bill Gates? I have tried to use several different cutters in Sign Cut Pro, Checked my Reg marks, Did a test cut straight from the cutter, searched for drivers, put in a support ticket, check all settings, read through the whole manual ( except putting together the stand ), Post messages on the Forum ( which I do think is an excellent forum ), Tried re-installing USB driver, stood on my head and asked ohh pretty please work, and created a bald spot on the top of my head!!!! Can someone just level with me and tell if this 60's style ZenCut Green will work with a Mac Os!!!! I would really like to go on with life outside of support forums!!! I had no probs with the Mh871 except it doesn't do contour cuts!

I have asked KIMON to look into this. HE is the one who can probably help you.Have YOU attempted to contact him as I suggested earlier?

he was online yesterday evening. Maybe he only reads posts in the SignCut section. But every time I notify him of a problem, he always gets right on it/ I have every confidence that this will get sorted out.

I have no personal experiance with this new machine, so lets start with the basics.

Can you please tell me the file name of the USB drivers you have installed?

Open Signcut click the cutter button and tell me what is selected for output device, and pull down the list and tell me the first 4 items you find there.

In a cursory look for Mac drivers I do not see any specifically for the Puma series but I beleive it maybe using the FTDI chipset, you might try this link for drivers http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm if they do not work you may need to use a Keyspan adapter to bypass the internal usb/serial card and use the keyspan chipset instead.

I am sorry I do not have your machine here in the lab so I am shooting in the dark. Once we get communication established I amsure we can get you running.

Thanks Kimon! Maybe Marcus needs to get you one of the new machines, for testing purposes.