stormy

USB Device not Recognized

Okay so I've had this cutter for about 3 years and havnt had any problems. Now my COM4 port is gone and it says the USB device is not recognized. What the hell? Not a good way to start off my morning.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? My computer doesnt have a serial port.

If you plugged your usb cable into a different usb port then it will initialize a different com port. If you are using the prolific usb driver it should tell you the com port it is using in the device manager of your computer. You just need to go to your design software and check the cutter setting to make sure the com's match up.

when i plug it into any port, it says device not recognized. can i use a regular printer usb cable for my cutter?

The printer usb ports are not wired the same as the prolific usb cables. Cutters operate off of com settings with baud rate. If you go to the device manager in the windows control panel and check your Ports (com & lpt) it should tell you if you have the prolific usb - serial to comm port ( com *) . If it does not show a usb to serial comm port, then that is why it doesn't recognize your cutter. They have the updated prolific drivers in the download section of support on the USCutter website. I would suggest downloading the updates and installing them and see if that helps.