Sign in to follow this  
harmfulgraphics

Motorcycle Helmet Shield

Did my first helmet shield today using view thru window film.  Looks like it is not flat in the picture but it really is.  I don't care for the way the shield fits the helmet myself.

Harm

post-5428-12986550216343_thumb.jpg

post-5428-1298655022805_thumb.jpg

big question is would it be legal for street use?  I don't think around here it would be

Looks awesome, but beside legal or not is a common sense thing I guess  ;)

from the inside the vision wouldn't be that bad unless it got rained on then it is impossible to see.  I was thinking of the percentage of area you are allowed to cover on a windshield and the laws surrounding that.  for off road it is cool as heck

Harmful... PM/email me with a price for a similar setup (different colors). Might be cool for my truck pulling helmet.

Cool idea but unless you use optically clear laminate, water or dirt WILL get in the holes and lose all vision. I really don't like this though, I want to know my opponents vision won't be block or impaired. Def not street legal either.

This is just a look cool type of thing.

Very cool... I was wondering about how legal this would be. I've seen people wearing them so I decided to find out the true story. I only looked around for a minute and couldn't really find anything about visibilty requirements for motorcycle helmets. Although I did find that under the DOT FMVSS No. 218 - 2. General Requirements F - 6. © "Make No Modifications". Guess it doesn't get anymore black and white then this. If you are interested in further information about motorcycle helmet requiremnts here is the link:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/staticfiles/DOT/NHTSA/Vehicle%20Safety/Test%20Procedures/Associated%20Files/TP-218-06.pdf

Would a Police Officer pull you over if seen you riding around with it? Maybe... but I doubt it. I'll admit I ride and don't always wear a DOT approved helmet as stupid as that sounds I know I'm dancing with the devil everytime I do it, but I've never been pulled over about my helmet not having a clear and visible DOT sticker.

in the UK youd get pulled straight away and theyd probably dispose of it there and then...and of course give you a fine.

any excuse for a fine here,then theyd go over your bike,another

Guest kenya

It is very cool.  ;D

In Florida, we don't have to wear a helmet. But this would be a big seller, for those that opt to.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: