MartinT

LCD SCREEN VERY HARD TO READ >>>>>FIXED!!!<<<<<<

Hello,

I have a Laserpoint 24, which I am very happy with ;).

Only one problem that is annoyng me very much:

The LCD Screen is very hard to read, from a normal user position. (like when you are normally standing/sitting in front of the machine,  and eyeheight is higher than the LCD screen, so effectively looking at a down angle to the screen)

When eyeheight is purely horizontal or angled from below the screen, it is well readable, but this means every time I want to read the screen, I have to make a very deep bend, while this is of course good excercise, it its very annoying, since it takes a very deliberate action every time I want to check the setting. And not being able to just glance at the screen to see if it's homed/ on line for instance...

When read angled from above,  the screen is totally unreadable.

This could I think be probably one of 2 problems: The plastic cover in front of the screen (the one that has the pushbuttons) is polarized, which I don't think it is, or:

The LCD setting is too dim. Now for the million dollar question: Where/how do I change this setting, is there a "secret" maintance menu to do so?

Are there any more who have this problem?

Regards,

Martin

i have the same cutter and it is anoying. but i did an esy fix. I put it on some rizers. Made a box that it sits on. it has a drawer in it so it is dual purpose.

Specification!

Not sure if I get it right, but it is a Laserpoint 24...

@Soulreaper, I do not want it so high as I want to be able to adjust the rollers and feed the media from the back, while reaching over it from the front...

Made a fix for it, will upload pics tomorrow!

OK as promised here is the fix.

The problem is that the Chinese put the screen in upside down. This cannot be corrected anymore, since it would mean reprogramming of the motherboard, to display it the other way around.

What I did is open the side (3 black screws from the inner side and 2 silver screws next to the usb and serial ports)

Then I tilted the lcdscreen back (so it's only connected to the lower screws)

Made a little depron cabinet, put a led on top to give it light. (This is needed since the LCD is now much more recessed in the case, so there is no outside light to shine on it. ) The cabinet is hotglued to the top of the LCD  casing to keep both in place

The LED has a resistor of 270 Ohm, and gets it's power from the nearby USB port (Common and the +5V line, use your multimeter to find out which is the +5V line) Just solder the wires to the correct pins and voila!

post-6915-12986550262083_thumb.jpg

post-6915-1298655026252_thumb.jpg

post-6915-12986550275723_thumb.jpg

post-6915-1298655027608_thumb.jpg

Very good! It's nice to see someone with a little initiative do something besides just complaining.

Thanks for posting the fix!

AS Thomas Edison said, all you need to be an great inventor is an idea and a big pile of junk.

Now,since everyone says all you can do about the weather is complain...can you do something about all this snow and cold we are getting down here?

very nice. i like that. I will do that also once my warranty is up.  ;) any mods done to the equipment under warranty will void it. that's is how it usually goes.

This is such a great fix Martin. I can't wait to show the guys on Monday! Kudos!