sunhochoi

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED - USCutter customer service

I'm not usually one to complain, but I am so frustrated by this matter that I felt the need to share my story. 

I ordered a bunch of oracal 631 vinyl on January 26.  I received the typical sell-topia email with tracking number the same day and received all but one roll by the end of the week.  I called UScutter to see why i did not receive the missing roll and was told that it would be drop shipped from Oracal since they did not have any in stock.  I would receive early the next week. Ok.

Disappointment #1: It would've been nice if they notified me that the one roll was not being shipped with this original order so that I could plan ahead and not expect it to arrive right away. 

I waited another week and and still no roll and no notification from ANYONE.  I called again and was told that it would usually take a week or so coming from Oracal.  Ok.  But wait a minute, is that it?  I had to ASK for them to track the actual package just to make sure and only THEN was when they told me that the roll is backordered from oracal so it wasn't even shipped from them yet.  So i was given the typical we're not sure when they will ship it out since they are probably producing the rolls right now. Ok. BUT wait.. the UScutter website still shows the color in stock.  So then i ASK UScutter if they had any in stock now and was told they have 10 in stock. 

Disappointment #2: You would think that if an you cannot ship your customer an item and need to have the mfg drop ship it, you would keep tabs on the order to make sure it gets delivered.  And then if you find out that it is backordered but then realize you now have 10 rolls that came in the previous week, you would quickly ship out the roll you have to the customer and cancel the drop shipment.  But all of this HAD to be requested by me.

I had a 15 minute discussion on the phone with "the manager" at UScutter to why I thought they should ship me one of the in stock rolls right away (using overnight shipping) since I've been waiting for over 2 1/2 weeks for this item.  The manager kept saying that this is a flaw in their system and the best he could do was send it out on Feb 9th via via ground shipping (overnight shipping was too expensive for them) and that i would receive it by Saturday.  I told him that I really needed sooner, and that UScutter really dropped the ball on this one so they should at least take some responsibility.  I was told its not their fault so he will ship out on the 9th and i would have it by the 13th.  Ok fine. 

Disappointment #3: Saturday comes and goes and i STILL do not have the vinyl roll.  I've run out of my last roll of this vinyl and have orders piling up that I cannot fulfill. 

I am EXTREMELY frustrated by this experience i've had with UScutter and felt that I needed to voice my opinion.

I was/am using UScutter for most of my supply needs but now this is making me reconsider.  When I get a complaint from one of MY customers, I do EVERYTHING in my power to get it right.  If it is even remotely my fault, I will take responsibility and eat any costs to make the customer satisfied.  I've noticed that after reading a few posts here that this is NOT the case with UScutter. 

Thank you for sharing that with us. I tend to agree that USCutter should have done more for you. It does seem like a flaw in their shipment tracking that needs to be addressed. I too have had shipments "Drop Shipped" that take a week or two longer than the rest and get not notification that is what happened. I hope they will learn from this and improve on their processes. For the most part though I have been satisfied with the service.

Jay

I have always said that shipping is the weak link at US Cutter.

Where are you located?

Guest fivestar

Where are you located?

Dunno John, I put a trouble ticket in about my grommet machine and PM'd Marcus and STILL WAITING to hear from SOMEONE about it. 

Where are you located?

i'm located in SoCal.  What bothers me is that i've ordered many times from UScutter and when i order by Tuesday, I've always received the item by Sat.  Which makes me think that the item did not go out on Tuesday as he had promised. 

Where are you located?

Dunno John, I put a trouble ticket in about my grommet machine and PM'd Marcus and STILL WAITING to hear from SOMEONE about it. 

you're probably on 'he who shall not be named's black list. And don't feel bad, he won't speak to me either.

Where are you located?

i'm located in SoCal.  What bothers me is that i've ordered many times from UScutter and when i order by Tuesday, I've always received the item by Sat.  Which makes me think that the item did not go out on Tuesday as he had promised. 

seems like even 4 days from WA to California is a bit long to me. Maybe you should find someone a bit closer for your Oracal. I would.

i waited for over a week to find that a cutting strip I had ordered was not sent - they was waiting till I told them what size the cutter was. Even though I ordered it off their site for the CE6000-60. -

Guest sciondrgn

I had ordered both my cutters from UCutter with little issue but supplies is another thing.. It takes 3 weeks to get from Them to me here in Georgia.. I just stick with Signwarehouse for the basic supplies and get them in 2-3 days.

Sorry you had to go through all that.. I do hope they make it right for you.

sunhochoi.... Not sure where you are in So Cal But I'm in Whittier and I go to 

Ordway Sign Supply, Inc.  16201 Vanowen St.  Van Nuys, CA 91406

(818) 908-9666  (800) 967-3929 http://www.signsupply.com

The main reason I drive an hour to them is so I have it when I need it...

I goofed up last week and took in an order for an 8ft sign slacked off most the day then went to cut the sign.... and sure s#*t I only had 6ft of the right vinyl

So off I went in Friday traffic to get what I needed. They carry a full line of Orcal amoung others

MM64  ;)

close by suppliers are always quicker and want your business.  someone 3000 miles away can always blame the carrier though!

close by suppliers are always quicker and want your business.  someone 3000 miles away can always blame the carrier though!

Good point.... I better quit telling my customers that I can go pick up the vinyl :thumbsup:;D

MM64  ;)

Shipping problems, LONG waits for product to be delivered,(about 2 full weeks in my case) and Missing rolls without explanations and then promised Credits Not Credited, only to be told on your NEXT order we will issue it, are not good ways to run a business.

No offer to send the Missing roll, they did not have it,(I Asked for it) and refusal to return the money I already paid for the roll, to either my credit card or paypal accounts, I again asked that that be done, only to get we will double the Credit we had already Promised you on your order to be applied the NEXT time you place an order.

They had 2 chances to make good, they did Not. And just plain refused to refund MY money, for product Not delivered.

That initial $10.00 store credit has cost them plenty, in future sales from me, I placed over $1,200.00 in orders with usc and they Lost my business on how they handle things. (Shipping and customer service/tech support.)

I have since made close to another $5,000.00 in purchases from other vendors,(more vinyls, Graphtec cutter, Flexi Pro, vinyl roll racks, Books, Clipart CD's, banners, tools, magnetic roll, and other supplies to name a few.) local to me and online vendors without the Problems I had experienced with usc.

Their customer service/tech support is spotty at best, another reason I walked away from dealing with them.

Just Not worth the time and aggrevation needed, to deal with them, to save a buck or two.

And how much are you really saving with their tactics when dealing with their paying customers?

Not to mention the cutter I did buy from them cannot cut straight diagonal lines without them being cut Jaggedly, instead of straight and smooth as they should be.

Some will say theirs cuts well, but that does not matter if the one you bought, does Not.

I never did expect it to cut fine small detail, but your average sized stuff should be at least usable.

USC gave me absolutly No reason to continue purchasing from them.

I wouldn't order from them anyway. Why dont you try hhsignsupply, the are in Ky and customer service is top notch. Or try denver sign supply, they are in Louisiana. I use them because they are 10 minutes from my shop and customer service is great. Not to mention the eye candy in there. I called uscutter 3 different times about a problem I was haveing with my cutter, I got a completely different answer everytime.

Interesting... While I found their machines to be of inconsistent (if not dubious) quality. I have never had a problem ordering supplies.

Shipping does take a while, but that's FedEx Ground's fault - and I'm willing to suffer through the delay for the flat $9.99 shipping. Vinyl is heavy.

I have had several banner's and or rolls of Oracal dropped shipped and they usually show up before USCutter's order. Again because another carrier or faster method of shipping was used.

When things run smoothly - they're great. If there is a bump in the road - it's ugly. It's just like playing Russian roulette!

Just my 2 cents based on my own personal experience.

Daddy-o

Interesting... While I found their machines to be of inconsistent (if not dubious) quality. I have never had a problem ordering supplies.

Shipping does take a while, but that's FedEx Ground's fault - and I'm willing to suffer through the delay for the flat $9.99 shipping. Vinyl is heavy.

I have had several banner's and or rolls of Oracal dropped shipped and they usually show up before USCutter's order. Again because another carrier or faster method of shipping was used.

When things run smoothly - they're great. If there is a bump in the road - it's ugly. It's just like playing Russian roulette!

Just my 2 cents based on my own personal experience.

Daddy-o

t day.

I really love there shipping dept. Granted I live in the same state,  but I usually always get my orders on the very next day. It's quite nice  :thumbsup:

3 day sfor shipment to West Virginia on vinyl i was suprised that it was that quick

Wow. I'm in Virginia and it usually takes 5 to 7 business days... FedEx must have trouble getting the stuff over the mountains! ;D

Placed an order last night, so we'll see.

Daddy-o

I really love there shipping dept. Granted I live in the same state,  but I usually always get my orders on the very next day. It's quite nice  ;D

Ha! it must be nice!!!

Guest sciondrgn

Other than my cutter ordering supplies would take 10 days to get to me down here in Georgia, I got a PM a few days ago who I am guessing works for USC and said they have a warehouse opening in Memphis or somewhere in TN and to give them a try again..  Next time I need vinyl I will certainly do that

...................I am EXTREMELY frustrated by this experience i've had with UScutter and felt that I needed to voice my opinion.

I was/am using UScutter for most of my supply needs but now this is making me reconsider.  When I get a complaint from one of MY customers, I do EVERYTHING in my power to get it right.  If it is even remotely my fault, I will take responsibility and eat any costs to make the customer satisfied.  I've noticed that after reading a few posts here that this is NOT the case with UScutter. 

This EXACT thing just happened to me.  Only mine was includes a $235 clipart cd.  I still havent recieved the cd and havent heard anything about it.  If i dont get it by the end of this week im going to file a complaint to the BBB.  This is the first and LAST time i will order from uscutter.  Im sticking with signwarehouse.  They have WAAAAAY better service!

...................I am EXTREMELY frustrated by this experience i've had with UScutter and felt that I needed to voice my opinion.

I was/am using UScutter for most of my supply needs but now this is making me reconsider.  When I get a complaint from one of MY customers, I do EVERYTHING in my power to get it right.  If it is even remotely my fault, I will take responsibility and eat any costs to make the customer satisfied.  I've noticed that after reading a few posts here that this is NOT the case with UScutter.  

This EXACT thing just happened to me.  Only mine was includes a $235 clipart cd.  I still havent recieved the cd and havent heard anything about it.  If i dont get it by the end of this week im going to file a complaint to the BBB.   This is the first and LAST time i will order from uscutter.  Im sticking with signwarehouse.  They have WAAAAAY better service!

Have you called them yet?  last post was almost 3 years ago and just now unhappy?  what steps have you taken to find out the status of your order (even when was it ordered?)?

yes i have called 3 times.  this just happened 2 weeks ago. what are you talking about 1st post 3 years ago?  it was ordered along with the vinyl.  First they said it was shipped with the vinyl.  Then they said it was being drop shipped then they cannot provide a tracking number because of where it was being shipped from doesnt have electronic capability.  seriously, NO ELECTONIC TRACKING CAPABILITY. thats what he told me.  i have also wrote 2 emails and turned in 3 tickets.

sorry should have read last post almost 3 years ago ( July 18, 2007, 02:05:23 PM to be exact) . . .now we have some info to go on!  On the software yes they should be able to provide you with a tracking number or reship the product if they cannot provide proof of delivery.