Sign in to follow this  
BoomDawgDesigns

Race Car Designs

I don't know a thing about race cars, but those look good.

John all you need to know if "Go Fast, Turn Left" unless you're racing Formula 1.

I agree they look great.

Jay

I have only told two people they can use my modified template so unless you are MaderDesigns or the dude from Knott County, Ky. I request that you remove it and i do own a copyright to that template.

anyone willing to share a modified template?  I have a friend that wants me to do his car but i haven't been able to find a template of one yet.  thanks

No offense, but these designs look very amateurish. I would be embarrassed to show a client this or have the design show me this if I was a driver. Sorry but not feeling these at all.

No offense, but these designs look very amateurish. I would be embarrassed to show a client this or have the design show me this if I was a driver. Sorry but not feeling these at all.

Trying to show your support for the guys first post?  Is this how you encourage your students with positive criticism? sounds more like signs101 tude.

That doesnt help him any. If you have some advice for the first time poster than you say it. Dont just "aww I could do better than that in my sleep"

When you start out a post the way you did " no offense BUT" all your doing is offending somone.

So if you have advice for him put up or shut up.

Oh by the way, when you act like a jerk online. It just turns people away from your business. I know I will never buy anything from you.

I never said I could do better. I wasn't referring to that. Maybe I should have offered to extra critique it, sorry I didn't.

Dakota, when I'm teaching, I first teach the students how to properly use the software and computers. Not give them a Senior level project if they are beginners. Mind you these are college students ranging from 18-40 (Adults, not young kids). You must start at the bottom and learn the functions of the tools, software, and of course be creative. We teach design properties, color theory, etc. But I am very truthful with my students, as my professors were to me. I was in a class and my professor told a girl that her work looked like she vomited and vector art came out and she began to cry and left the room (why? because it was terrible and didn't fit the project at all). Sometimes the truth hurts he says, this world has a lot of people in it that think they are designers but in reality they should be an accountant or something. Clients will just pass and move on and you don't have a clue why. Well, through school everyone is like, ohhh thats soo good, ur parents are like omg your so good, when in reality your not.

I'm not saying this guy should give up. Not at all. But if he never sees an improvement, then maybe designing is not his thing, sub that work out. What he should do is start at the bottom and learn to use the tools that are given to him. Sub the artwork out until he is ready to put together these types of layouts. Stick to the lettering and sign work until you have a grasp of the tools. Too many people think they are a designer when they receive their cutter, but a lot don't know what design is. And either won't admit that, or think they don't need to take classes they'll just pick it up on the way.

So to the Original Poster.

I still say this needs a lot of work. Start by either asking the driver/team what it is they want on the sprint car and late model. Write all this down and start with a hierarchy of what is the most important, or who sponsors the most, or just who the team wants to show case. Look at the design and ask yourself, where is the most seen or legible spot on the car when it's parked, or racing. Font choice is a big big thing in design if you haven't figured that out yet. Logos and Branding are first, then design around/behind those not through them, or on top of them. This will create confusion and be hard to see. If they are racing a sprint they obviously have some money since the sport isn't cheap. So don't be afraid to use 2 or 3 layers on it, or design a printed vinyl wrap. A lot of times drivers like the reflective numbers, just because under the lights they can be seen better.

When I first looked at the cars I immediately seen that the cars were not vector and a lot of the design was hard to see (You can find vector templates on here and just by searching google). Now imagine that car being 100 ft away from you, the colors and overlapping of the flames create a hard to read design. Try using the flames but put those behind the number so that the number cuts through and "pops"

more.

Now the late model, the colors of the numbers are super difficult to read and maybe changing the colors or red and green will help that. Next, what do the stars have to do with the extermination. They appear to be shooting stars but don't seem to really fit with the theme. Try looking for another approach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So you see, i'm not that bad of a person. lol and I don't have a signs101 tude, but nothing wrong with that forum at all. Lots of people there to help, and when people post something that has potential they will help until it's done. A lot of people post something up and get bashed but it's just the truth. It prolly shouldn't be posted then.

RRE - people get offended to easily and it appears you have as well by my comments. But telling me to put up or shut up makes me not care if you buy from me or not. But that's not what i'm going for on here. I'm an honest person and help a lot on here and even design some things for guys for free. But that's your opinion RRE and if you don't want to buy anything, that is fine too. Have a great day.

But if he never sees an improvement, then maybe designing is not his thing, sub that work out.

It's his first post and I am sure will get better with time and encouragement . . . just seemed a little rough and maybe trolling for work.

Thing is though, encouragement doesn't help someone, an honest critique does. People telling him, man thats good. Doesn't help him one single bit. And honestly, trolling for work? I don't get on here for work, because the people who did ask me on here in the past want it all for free. I don't have that time.

Mader is correct in general.

Nobody is here on this forum to offend an other. Or tell me if I am wrong!  :rolleyes:

Newbies directly asking for templates to bash with is I personally think not a fair way.

Everyone here is there to help but sometimes you need to earn some respect and free trades between each other.

If you have someting to trade it sounds lots better then DO YOU HAVE THIS OR THAT.

Show your own work first and if you are at a reasonble level ask once again? Fair or not.

For kart outlines and any others you are in need to.

Go to your nearest store wehre they sell these products and get in contact with the owner and tell what you want to do.

10 to 1 he will ask for a free design for you being in the store to measure all the outlines.

That is what I mean with trade and resprect.

Paco

My modified template is still on here for download. Like i said, ignore that first post... Everyone is welcome to use that template.