Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Please Help ASAP My Cutter Carriage has Broken

Guest manwayvan

Well I was wondering when it was going to break. Ever since I have had my cutter (roughly 7 months) the carriage adjustment to tighten the blade holder to the machine has always been bad(I had to add washers to get it to tighten enough to hold the blade holder tight) and tonight it has broken. Is there any way to change this piece or anyone know of JBweld or anything similar will work? Please Someone or USCUTTER Help me.

Guest manwayvan

Well I forgot that uscutter sold parts so I checked it out and they do have it for sale Thank God and its only 20 bucks..Well worth the investment..Could this possibly cause incomplete cuts? My machine was working fine but I made some driver changes and then changed them back for a cut and for some reason my start/stop points where off..It should not be anything with the driver I edited since I changed them back but I am not sure if this could be the culprit or not. 

http://www.uscutter.com/Creation-Carriage-Arm_p_95.html

Here is the link if anyone needs one too

it could have been a little lose and as the blade was dragged the holder may have shifted a little bit causing it not to end at the start point and leaving the incomplete cut

it could have been a little lose and as the blade was dragged the holder may have shifted a little bit causing it not to end at the start point and leaving the incomplete cut

+1

Guest manwayvan

Thanks alot.hopefully the new carriage arm helps..I would like to be able to rig up an Mh series arm since it looks alot more sturdy

My new carriage arm just arrived today (the blade holder portion completely broke off)...

My question is, how do you take the thing apart to replace the carriage arm? I was expecting this thing to come with some form of instructions.

Thanks,

Brent

Guest manwayvan

Thats a great question as I too was expecting some type of Instructions to be sent with it.

Guest manwayvan

Hey any luck figuring it out? Mine has not arrived yet..hopefully tomorrow but any tips or anything?

In order to swap the carriage arm on this unit you must follow the steps below.

1) Remove the face plate from the carriage.

2) Loosen the hex screw at the top of the shaft that is connected to the carriage arm.

3) Loosening the two screws that are at the end of the springs on the top of the carriage. This will allow you to pull the carriage off of the track.

4) Remove the carriage arm and replace it with the new one.

Best of luck. Give us a call at 888-298-8143 if you continue to have problems.

Guest manwayvan

Thanks Levi could you elabarate on exactly how to remove the front plate of the cariage arm. I have only glanced at it but do not want to take the chance of breaking a wheel off or ruining a motor due to excessive force.

Hey did you have any luck installing the carriage? I think mine just broke. I haven't even had it a year. So i guess i will be ordering one tonight.

good luck!

Guest manwayvan

I have finally gotten mine installed and the offset set for the clean cut blades..Now it is cutting like a dream....1 word of advice on the pcut. There are 2 black screws that stop the lid from swinging back all the way so that you can get to the 2 screws that are on the spring. It really is simple but it takes some patients. If you need any help just yell at me.

Great, thats awesome... I just got mine in the mail and jumped on here to figure out how to install it.

Stay on Line...lol..I might need your help  :thumbsup:

Guest manwayvan

pull upward a little..it just pops off but it try pulling up toward the ceiling

Ok please dont think i'm crazy. i got it off, white wheels and all, right?

Now i cant figure out how to get it out. Sorry.... I've never owned one until now

so this is all Greek to me...

Thanks for helping out.

Never mind.... I got the whole thing back on and then just the face plate off... now i just need to get the carriage arm out.

Guest manwayvan

you will need to loosen the top 2 screws that have the springs on them..that will allow the carriage arm to come off the tracks..You will also have to remove the 2 black screws at the top that catches the lid as you open it in order to loosen the 2 top screws on the track

no luck... I cant loosen the two black round screw like things. The two up top that are connected to the[/img] white wheels, correct?

Guest manwayvan

where the top of the lid hits there is a screw on each side that when removed will allow the lid to open more but becareful opening it too much...then you will have access to the two flat head screws that are attached to the white wheels