Guest sciondrgn

Quick Vid - Epson WF1100 and JPSS Transfer paper

Guest sciondrgn

Did a shirt for a friend and make a silly little video showing the graphtec contour cutting and then pressing.. Will go back later tonight and add more details in the video..

This is an image my friend drew

Guest manwayvan

Guess im gonna have to get an 1100 to add to my workforce 30. Glad to see you are getting great results. I am trying to get my pcut to manual contour so I can use my papilio paper. Anybody try papilio paper heat pressed..lol I got a bunch of the JPSS Sofstretch comin but I dont know if I can wait to try out my new sunie.

man you guys make me want to get a heat press. i could open a shop on the beach in hawaii if i move there  :D . need to sell my workforce 30 i dont use and get the 1100

Guest manwayvan

hey jeremy how much you take for that 30?

Claw thanks so much I have been wanting to see that.  I just put my order in for the 1100 with the cobra system installed on it.

I have to learn the contour cutting though which I haven't even tried. I see you have flexi I have sign cut I think I can contour cut in sign cut time to start reading.

Thanks again for sharing that was awesome

Guest manwayvan

You cant go wrong with the installed CISS  from Cobra. Packaged well for shipping, Installed amazingly well, and not issues whatso ever with  quality. Anybody know which settings would be the best for transfers and small decals?

You make it looks so easy lineing up that transfer. That is what takes me the longest time with the vinyl. I have a few questions. If you get a printer like this do you need to contour cut? I have an mh721 and would have to buy a new plotter.

Thank you,

Christi

Guest sciondrgn

You make it looks so easy lineing up that transfer. That is what takes me the longest time with the vinyl. I have a few questions. If you get a printer like this do you need to contour cut? I have an mh721 and would have to buy a new plotter.

Thank you,

Christi

Well the contour cutting mainly is just a finished results type of thing.. You can easily print and hand cut/trim the vinyl or t-shirt transfers and do it that way.. The contour cutting just gives a cleaner edge..

oh okay, so it will show the transfer with out the color would show up on the shirt? Do you need a software program to design and cut in?

Thank you,

Christi

Guest sciondrgn

oh okay, so it will show the transfer with out the color would show up on the shirt? Do you need a software program to design and cut in?

Thank you,

Christi

Depending on your material you might see an edge to your design once pressed to a shirt, has kind of an off white color to it..  For printing full color I suppose you could use any graphics program to print the image. I use Robo Master Software that came wit the graphtec, it has the options to print and cut from the same program for the contour cutting.  I use Flexi for my normal day to day vinyl decals and heat press material.

what kind of transfers are you guys making with the 1100 some one mentioned in the forum  to get plastisol transfers but I need 20 to 25 not 50 like they want to sell and I have one design I need faded colors on , and how long does the 1100 prints last on the shirts ,is the 1100 what I need to purchase instead please help jhelms

what kind of transfers are you guys making with the 1100 some one mentioned in the forum  to get plastisol transfers but I need 20 to 25 not 50 like they want to sell and I have one design I need faded colors on , and how long does the 1100 prints last on the shirts ,is the 1100 what I need to purchase instead please help jhelms

I just printed on some transfers I picked up at Michaels.  After one wash, they faded a little.  BUT, I also didn't press it as hot or as long as I should have.  I just received a bunch of samples from www.thepaperranch.com and from what the owner was saying, the 3G Jet Opaque is the best to use on dark shirts, and the JPSS is the best for light shirts (both made by the same company).  And of course, I did get some samples of those.  I'm thinking about putting a bunch of the same samples on one shirt, then washing it a few times to see how each one lasts.  Unfortunately, I won't have time to do it tonight, but I will be able to tomorrow.

i will be watching this thread with more interest.

bb

Guest sciondrgn

I've washed that shirt about 10 times so far, Just throwing it in with normal laundry and it still looks great, using the 1100 with the JPSS for lights

I've washed that shirt about 10 times so far, Just throwing it in with normal laundry and it still looks great, using the 1100 with the JPSS for lights

Thats great,  I am ordering my 1100 this week with the ciss system from conbra inks,  kind of anxious to get started after reading your posts.  I may stick with just lights after reading up and seeing some of the dark shirt results.

Might just be better off and avoid the aggravation...

Thanks everyone for this great post I am sure it has helped a lot and will continue to help folks decide..

Sorry folks, but I got an order for some magnets and I had to do them tonight.  All of these different transfers are now my priority, so I will get them done and post asap!

I apologize for the delay (if anybody was even interested).  I just pressed the black shirt with the same exact graphic.  On the left is the Image-Jet Dark II and on the right is the 3G Jet Opaque.  There is no real difference on how they feel on the shirt, however the 3G Jet Opaque was MUCH easier to peel from the backing.  The shirt is currently in the wash right now and I will take a picture both before and after drying.

Out...

Image-Jet Dark II - Press 20 Seconds at 350

3G Jet Opaque - Press 30 Seconds at 350

I'm sorry they're not lined up, but I was in a hurry because the race was about to start!

post-2964-12986550371828_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986550372493_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986550384023_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986550384543_thumb.jpg

Guest manwayvan

Those look great..I cant even tell a difference. Let us know how it holds up out of the wash