Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Need help pricing a Charity Banner

Guest manwayvan

Well I was asked to do a banner for a charity event that just has states WELCOME TO EVENTNAME. They are wanting it 4'x8' and I was going to go off of the price guide which would be 118.00 then dropped it to 100 since charity. They sent me back an email stating that it was a fair price but more than they were wanting to spend at this event. So I asked if it would be okay for me to place an add on the banner for my advertising and I could lower the price. So here is my question: How much would you drop the price if you were able to place your name on a banner which would be at a music event for charity with suggested 100-300 people..lol I know its rough. But I can't just give it away.

This is always a tough question.

I personally, if allowed to advertise on the banner, would go cost plus $20-30....but that's just me!  :D

I've done some freebies for Pet Rescue, where I could advertise on the banner and leave business cards or flyers by charging that way and received business from local companies that made up and surpassed what I would of charged full price....it's a gamble, but you never know when they might need your services again.

I'd go $5-6PSF and tell them you will deduct 25% for charities and you advertising on it small somewhere. Don't fall into the trap of giving away work and thinking it will help you in the long run. It's honestly a long shot.

Guest fivestar

This is always a tough question.

I personally, if allowed to advertise on the banner, would go cost plus $20-30....but that's just me!  :D

I've done some freebies for Pet Rescue, where I could advertise on the banner and leave business cards or flyers by charging that way and received business from local companies that made up and surpassed what I would of charged full price....it's a gamble, but you never know when they might need your services again.

I'd go $5-6PSF and tell them you will deduct 20% for charities and you advertising on it small somewhere. Don't fall into the trap of giving away work and thinking it will help you in the long run. It's honestly a long shot.

Yup I agree.  I just did one for the American Cancer Society and charged them $175.00, they said that was more than they wanted to spend and I said that's what I have to charge, they called the next day and told me to do it.

Guest manwayvan

Thanks everyone. I stood firm on my price with this one but offered to do her wedding banner for same price(100.00) if she purchased both together. Still awaiting an answer.

Sorry if I sound mean but charities today are not like the ones in the old days. All the big wigs get a pay check and they all expect a hand out on the back side. I ran a paintball shop and they would come in all the time as if they were doing me a fav by bringing in there groups but would try to bleed me dry.... Stick to your guns on price now if it

Charities that I support..that I know....get a discount and even FREE sometimes. I do all the banners for a local non-profit dog park for FREE because I know they have very little money and I believe in what they do.

Not all charities are as stated by the previous poster. Remote Area Medical..which I support, is a good example. They operate out of an old school building, which the city rents to them for $1 a year. The director, Stan Brock, lives at the school...and until recently had to take a shower outside with a water hose. They do great work with an almost 100% volunteer staff. I have offered to do their signage for free. I believe in giving back,because I have been damn lucky,even blessed. I also prefer to see the good in people until proven otherwise.

Oh, and I never did anything for free that I didn't get tons of jobs from others as a result. Not that it matters. It just makes me feel good.

Nothing bad ever comes from doing something good.

If I have chance to place my name on the banner (not bigger then 3'x7') I give it away.

It is good way to put your name out there.

So you spend less than $15.00 for material,and 200, 300, 500. people will see your name.

It is cheaper than printing 500 fliers, or ad in local newspaper.Also I receive letter so I can claim it as charitable  donation.

This is good exposure which works great for me.

Banner, I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do.  I donate to who I want to.  I do a lot of things for schools and churches and other causes.  It's my choice and I feel good about it.  Yes, money makes the world go around but I want to be happy in that world.  I do see the point of the other point of view though, I am careful who and what I do for.

Gary

Guest manwayvan

Great points everyone and I too believe in giving back but you really have to be weary these days about things that are listed as charity..too many scammers out there..For those who are interested I offered to do 2 4x8 banners for 198.00 plus tax one of those if for her weeding and the other is for the charity event.