Sign in to follow this  
TruckDriver

Transfer paper for darks?

Ok, I just got my Epson Workforce 1100.  I went to Michaels and got a dark transfer paper pack and did a shirt.  Unfortunately I then took the shirt to work and now the orders are pouring in.  When I came home, I washed the shirt and the printed decal didn't turn out so well.  Maybe I should have pressed it longer?  Anyway, does anybody recommend a good transfer paper for dark shirts?

Thanks,

Jay

PS - The design I'm doing is 80% gray, 10% black, 5% red, 4% yellow and 1% white.  Hope that equals 100%...it's early

Get the sample pack from Coastal. Try each one yourself, and then determine which works best for you. In general, transfers for dark colors suck. Some suck less than others. I think most of the papers you'll find at Michaels, Walmart, etc. are going to be Avery, or made by. Some suck more than others.

I have a customer that brought in some transfers she printed on her computer, (avery)  I called Avery and they said 375 for 12 sec.

Worked ok heavy feel though.

You would be much further ahead (and cheaper) to go with JPSS or something similar.

You will get a much better product using the commercial transfers.

Dave

I have a bunch of different types coming from www.thepaperranch.com for free.  From what I'm hearing the 3G Jet Opaque from the same company as JPSS is the HEAT!  I will let you know what I think when it comes in.