sjaguar13

PCUT 1200 Blade Adjustment and Vinyl Straighting?

I have to major issue that ruin the vinyl every time I try to cut something. First, how do I get the blade to be at the right level? It takes forever to manually move the blade until it cuts through the vinyl, but not through the paper backing. Also, it seems like certain spots on the plotter are cut deeper than others.

Second, how do I keep the vinyl going in straight? On longer cuts, the vinyl comes in at an angel and the longer it cuts, the closer the blade comes to cutting off of the vinyl.  do not use the stand. With all the issues with the instructions, I never put it together. Would putting the vinyl on the stand make it go in straighter?

The blade should stick out the same distance from it's holder, as the thickness of your vinyl but, not much further.

With regard to your second question, I have the same tracking problem that you do.  With the same machine.  I can be off as much as 1/4 inch per foot of y axis travel.  Are you using SignBlazer?  I do have mine on the stand.  So I think the best thing to do is get in touch with Ken after the holidays.  What driver do you have selected for your machine? Thx

Is there an easier way to figure out how far the blade should stick out? It literally took me two hours to get it to work. I unscrew the holder, push the blade out a little, and then cut a test. Then redo that whole process adjusting the blade based on the test cut. It usually either scratches the vinyl, but doesn't cut it, or cuts all the way through the backing. When one of those things happen, it's unbelievably hard to adjust the blade ever so slightly that it goes all the way through the vinyl, or stops before it goes through the backing.

Is the vinyl going in crooked a fairly common problem?

Try setting the blade depth half the thickness of a credit card that works for me/ as for tracking I feed the vinyl through the length I want to cut with the in and out feed  arrows on the cutter to make sure that it will track ok.

Kevin

Try setting the blade depth half the thickness of a credit card that works for me/ as for tracking I feed the vinyl through the length I want to cut with the in and out feed  arrows on the cutter to make sure that it will track ok.

Kevin

i dunno why i never thought of that......but thats a great idea..DUH. thanks DR!

p.s. i bought my pcut to just do a couple race cars and just took an order that will just about pay for my machine...ill have the thing really figured out by the time race season comes around :huh:

You don't really have to unscrew the blade holder, and push the blade in.  Just use the the threaded part of the blade holder to adjust the length of the blade. Unscrew the holder for shorter blade.  Screw it in for a longer blade.

Tracking is still an issue no matter what Y axis direction i move in, with arrows or against them.  Dragon, you use a pCut 1200 48 inch too?  Please  some one tell me what driver they are using in the SB dropdown menu for the 1200??

i have that same issue with vinyl tracking and heard of feeding the vinyl through the front instead of the back. Would be trying it myself but i have other issues to take care of first.

Hey Krunk!  I see that you own a 1200 as well.  I have had to do a lot of "tweaking" to get mine to work and, it still is not 100%!  Do you at least have the 1200 in your SB dropdown menu for cutter set-up?  I don't,  I have to use a copam driver and it cuts mirror all the time! Bob