Sign in to follow this  
Rob Law

.EPS File Import Problem in SBE

I can't import this file into SBE or inkscape. Not sure if there is something wrong with the file, or if it is operator error. Could someone please try to open it, or let me what I may be doing wrong. I have imported other files recently with no problems. Thanks.

CAJUN-VECTOR.eps

CAJUN-VECTOR.eps

SignBlazer will not open .eps files that heve been created in some newer versions of software. Mostly because SignBlazer has not had any updates in a few years. If you can open it in Illustrator and save it out as an eps file from Version 8 Illustrator or earlier it will open in SignBlazer.

Jay

Hey there Jay (or any body else) I was reading through these to figure out my problem. Should be using Corel to open and resave? Instead of Inkscape? Maybe that is my problem I am having with opening eps file. Because I can not open anything eps..

Ideas?? Thanks in Advance..I have found this site VERY helpful for a NEWBIE!!

if you read through the learning guide you will find a section devoted to just this subject.

bb

so if i only have the CS5 illustrator i am basically out of luck with importing anything?

so if i only have the CS5 illustrator i am basically out of luck with importing anything?

When you save them as .eps files with Illustrator, make sure to save them as version 8 or earlier.

instead of saving it as a CS5 you save it as a version 8  , there is a dropbox, just go down to version 8, click it and save it. 

instead of saving it as a CS5 you save it as a version 8  , there is a dropbox, just go down to version 8, click it and save it. 

LIFESAVER!!!! thanks. works great now