Sign in to follow this  
JLDesigns

Which colors to start with...

Hi,  my heat press shows up tomorrow and I still haven't ordered any vinyl.  Looking for the best place to purchase siser easyweed,  or is there a different type that would be a great starter vinyl, and then what colors are the best, or most common to start out with.  White, Black?  Any advice would be great!

was thinking those were the two colors I was going to start with!  do you know where you can get a color swatch of some sort so I can physically see colors as well as show customers?

The most common colors I use, are Black, White, Yellow, Burgundy(local school color), Blue (also happens to be a nearby school color) and Red. I use a lot of Neon Green I think they call it Yellow Green in the Siser color chart. I have tried a few other brands but I prefer Siser Easyweed. I order either from here or from imprintables Warehouse. I tried a few other places and I got old stock from both, the vinyl was brittle work with when you were weeding. Didn't care for that. I contacted imprintables and they sent me a sample pack of their materials, Ask for the Flock Sample, you'll love it. they also included color charts and some other info for you.

Kevin

the reason I use alpine is they are a new vendor and there price is cheap - so all vinyl is new and they really go out of their way to please ya.  they have the colors on their site

Has anyone ordered from Specialty Graphics, is their vinyl stock 'old'?

Specialty Graphics is the retail side of Specialty Materials, who I believe manufactures Thermoflex Plus, so it shouldn't be old.  I have ordered from them several times and had no problem.

I pretty much stock white exclusively, with a few remaining pieces of colors I have ordered for other jobs (blue, neon green, red).  However, I don't do a whole lot of vinyl on shirts, so I only order small amounts of colors when I need them.

I have used Siser Easyweed, Tflex and Imprintables Ecofilm. (which is Siser Easyweed).  I don't see any negatives about any of them, they are almost identical IMO.  I would stay away from Spectracut from Imprintables though, I haven't heard anything good about it.

Anybody you order from should be able to provide you with sample rings of all the vinyls they carry.

I have been ordering from Specialty for a while now and they have great shipping.

Where you buy from also depends on your location,  Check out the shipping costs and the shipping times. go from there .

Id buy from UScutter but the shipping is a week for me.

Specialty is next day.