gogetemgraphix

where can i find....

i have been looking for a wavy checkered banner....for race cars. does anyone know where i can find it. the graphics software i have looked at doesn't give enough info on what they have and i don't want to spend all that money if it isn't on the cd.

thanks

lue anne

www.vectorart.com

you can browse there entire collection, and just purchase individual images that you need. 

thanks tater....lol  sorry everytime i see your name i think of ron white when he says tater tot and tater salad  :huh: i saw that site in one of your other posts and looked at it a little but i will do a better search.  thanks again.....there really isn't any way to get embelms like ford, chevy, honda, dodge and so forth is there....i haven't come across them yet. i will probably have to buy the decals and scan them won't i?

There is a search box at the bottom right hand corner... Its kind of hidden, but they pretty much have everything

Thanks Beardown, and Thanks to D4kustomz !!

JD...the problem i have now is vectorizing the photo's....don't know how and my book doesn't explain very well. i think part of my problem might be that i have coreldraw 12 upgrade. can you help? oh and now i know who you are  :angry:

this checkered banner has been a nightmare :huh: first the guy wants chrome mirror and fluorescent orange and a checkered banner like we have on our race car. now mind you this has been a 4 wk ordeal. then he sends me an email and has designed his own wavy checkered banner which is 7ft long and changes his chrome to electic blue. so i try to find a banner like that one and couldn't find one anywhere. i even drew one up and couldn't get it to come out right on the cutter. now he has got someone else cutting him a wavy banner "kinda" like the one he designed and just wants me to cut out his lettering now and wants to know what i will charge him to do that. i know i am new at this and he knew that, but he has made things so difficult for me to get anything done. the bad thing is this is going to give me a bad rep and i am not a miracle worker.

you know what the kicker is....i was only charging him 40 for his banners, he's paying someone else 65 and settling for a different banner and not the one he was so adament about having.

yes i want cheese with my wine. :angry:

lue anne

I really wouldnt worry about your reputation, unless you make alot of people upset... This isn't completly your fault, As you stated, he knew that you were new the cutting... There are going to be plenty more customers out there that are willing to WORK WITH YOU and BE PATIENT...

You really can't please everybody.  As your prices are lower right now, I would consider it acceptable.  If he is willing to pay extra and settle for something that he really didnt want, I would personally let him goto the other guy, and let him deal with his difficult behavoiur.  I personally also do not have time for difficult customers who want to change the design mid way thru and then expect you to be a miracle worker and change it instantly...

If you are to do the lettering, Ask for a deposit.  Thats one way that I have found to deal with difficult customers.  Make it a non-refundable deposit... Time is money, and the time that you spent designing something that he didnt even get is pretty much wasted, Think about the other things that you could of been doing of securing additional work?  You will find that most established sign shops already do this...

Dont let one unhappy customer scare you about reputation, as he is still wanting the lettering from you!

As I do not have corel draw, I cant tell you how to vectorize in that program, if you want to email me the photo, I can see If i can vectorize it for you...  thebestdecals@gmail.com

Good Luck!

I read that if you are using corel draw 6 or higher,you are supposed to save the files in .eps format instead of .ai .You might try that.I wouldn't worry about the reputation thing either.One person doesn't ruin your reputation.It's many people that can ruin your reputation.But it's your business,not there's.I always tell my customers what I can do,and what I can not do.I'll turn down a job if it looks like the customers are going to be too difficult to work with.Business is stressfull enough without extra headaches.And Tater's right on the deposit.It's just a good practice since you're investing your time and materials.

Thanks guys good pep talk and you are absolutely right! the image is a GIF and the only options i have for saving it is gif, bmp, jpeg, tiff and png. coreldraw has to have them in eps form or they won't open in signcut. the other problem i have is there is 9 items on the gif image that was sent to me by d4kustomz. i can't separate them  either never mind save them as eps. i have 5 of the 9 he sent so i really only need 4 of them, i have the others. will vectorizing them change them to eps files?

lue anne