jimmy1234

Class Action Lawsuit?

Now we're making progress - did you do the battery test on the carriage?  have you submitted a support tickedt so it can be diagnosed?

Did that battery test with no reaction to the carriage head. The carriage head will only move down after 240g+ of down force and will not move back up after it has moved down.

No support ticket being it is out of warranty.

Jim

Banner John,

That aboy john show your MOD power....give me a break and add something constructive or dont chim in

Jim

And how am I showing my mod power? If I wanted to show my mod power, Jimbo, this thread would be gone and you along with it.

I haven't said anything that others haven't said.

OK  Johnny Boy    

Jim

Now we're making progress - did you do the battery test on the carriage?  have you submitted a support tickedt so it can be diagnosed?

Did that battery test with no reaction to the carriage head. The carriage head will only move down after 240g+ of down force and will not move back up after it has moved down.

No support ticket being it is out of warranty.

Jim

Ok,here's something constructive:

You don't have to be under warranty to get support. In fact, USC will help you on cutters that weren't even bought from them.

The warranty covers repairs. Not support.

same complaints I have had with dead computers  motherboards etc -- must be a gener defect with the idea of a motherboard - back to manual cutting with an xacto!

same complaints I have had with dead computers  motherboards etc -- must be a gener defect with the idea of a motherboard - back to manual cutting with an xacto!

well,Dakota...stuff is supposed to last forever. It is never supposed to wear out or tear up.

John - with the new dell computers the motherboard is mirrored from every other board on the market - so you can pay more than a new computer to get a replacement board or junk the entire computer!  I was a big dell fan but after a couple of those I am back to building my own computers. a little more expensive to start but way more upgradeable and replacement parts are easy to get.

now if you want to get into something that is just plain wrong that is it!  dell makes a great product but you had better get the extended warranty

John - with the new dell computers the motherboard is mirrored from every other board on the market - so you can pay more than a new computer to get a replacement board or junk the entire computer!  I was a big dell fan but after a couple of those I am back to building my own computers. a little more expensive to start but way more upgradeable and replacement parts are easy to get.

now if you want to get into something that is just plain wrong that is it!  dell makes a great product but you had better get the extended warranty

I wasn't referring to computers, Dakota. I was making a comment about the exacto anology.

JIM I JUST SEEN YOU!!!! I went to Dollarama to grab some work gloves and coffee filters and there was a big fat poorly dressed shut in reaming out the cashier that the pair of earphones he bought a month ago (AT THE DOLLAR STORE) weren't as good as the old sony earphones he used to have and he wanted to speak to whoever was in charge about getting his money back AT THE DOLLAR STORE!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun bud.  :thumbsup:

JIM I JUST SEEN YOU!!!! I went to Dollarama to grab some work gloves and coffee filters and there was a big fat poorly dressed shut in reaming out the cashier that the pair of earphones he bought a month ago (AT THE DOLLAR STORE) weren't as good as the old sony earphones he used to have and he wanted to speak to whoever was in charge about getting his money back AT THE DOLLAR STORE!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun bud.  :rolleyes:

Now that's funny right there - I don't care who you are :thumbsup:

Whats the old saying "Its better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and prove it".

I damaged my usb hub on my cutter during a move.  Posted on here I needed help.  Kenimes replied the same day telling me to take it out an send it in.  I did so and in a couple weeks had my new part and was back up and running...Pretty good service if you ask me...

I damaged my usb hub on my cutter during a move.  Posted on here I needed help.  Kenimes replied the same day telling me to take it out an send it in.  I did so and in a couple weeks had my new part and was back up and running...Pretty good service if you ask me...

I don't know of anyone in the business who has better service or support. My other cutter,not a US Cutter, their support consists of email. And it is usually just a form letter.

I'm just going to chime in here and say that jimmy apparently knows very little about class-action lawsuits.

You bought a cheap cutter, you should expect a cheap cutter.  Anything above and beyond that (which I'll argue that UScutters are worth many times their cost) is a bonus.

I did the same thing.  I have had my LP24 for about 2 years and it has paid for itself many, many times.  In the time that I have been here, I have seen very few cases where a problem with USC was not amicably resolved.  The few times it wasn't are generally due to bitchy customers, operator error and unrealistic expectations.

Good luck with your suit.

I find it amazing how many people cannot see the forest for the trees. you got 14 months out of a $300 cutter. You now maybe need a Mb for another $85 so let's say your into this thing for $400. Ok what if you had spent $1500 on a graphtec. warranty is up, I guarantee your not getting a mb from them for $85. EVERY piece of shop equipment you buy has maintenance, whether it's PM where you service your machine regularly, like lubricating, Cleaning and adjusting. Or repairs from either wear and tear or unplanned failure.

Did you do any pm on your machine? OR did you just cut? If you didn't clean the unit on a regular basis, paper duSt from cutting will get into everything and gum up the bushings and bearing putting a larger load on the motor. Which in turn in run by the mother board. The mother board is designed to handle a certain amount of current, but when the load goes UP, it exceeds it's limits and something has to give.

If you didn't lube anything it's even worse. That's where pm comes in. Do the maintenance and you can get a lot more time out of cheaper equipment.

If you didn't know about any of this, it is still your fault, because you didn't either take the time to research it or simply ask.

I am gonna go out on a limb here and sport some numbers to you. USCUTTER on EBAY has sold almost 13000 items, with less than 50 Bad or neutral feedbacks. That is less than 1/2 of one percent. That's pretty damn good in my book. Now if we take that further. 90 percent or more of the complaints in here, turn out to be user error, or lack of knowledge. So if you tally up the number of complaints verses the quantity of sales your still going to be sub 1% Failure rate.  And again 99.9% of them get taken care of with a mutually agreeable repair.

I am not a staunch UScutter blue blood either. And I don't get anything from supporting them, (Though I am open up for free stuff to test for them WINK WINK.) I have almost left here a couple times due to some of their support issues, but Marcus has always stepped in when the situation demands it and made sure the customer was happy.

I will continue to deal with them as long as they are run by a man who puts the needs of the customer over the needs of his wallet.

Ok I am done ranting, I had a rough day, needed to vent somewhere. i am sure I could go on for about 7 more pages but my fingers hurt.

Kevin

Guest sciondrgn

My Pcut is going on 3 years now. Replaced a cutting strip and when it did start acting funny I grounded it and it was fine again.

Just thought I would throw that in  :thumbsup::rolleyes:

I find it amazing how many people cannot see the forest for the trees. you got 14 months out of a $300 cutter. You now maybe need a Mb for another $85 so let's say your into this thing for $400. Ok what if you had spent $1500 on a graphtec. warranty is up, I guarantee your not getting a mb from them for $85. EVERY piece of shop equipment you buy has maintenance, whether it's PM where you service your machine regularly, like lubricating, Cleaning and adjusting. Or repairs from either wear and tear or unplanned failure.

Did you do any pm on your machine? OR did you just cut? If you didn't clean the unit on a regular basis, paper duSt from cutting will get into everything and gum up the bushings and bearing putting a larger load on the motor. Which in turn in run by the mother board. The mother board is designed to handle a certain amount of current, but when the load goes UP, it exceeds it's limits and something has to give.

If you didn't lube anything it's even worse. That's where pm comes in. Do the maintenance and you can get a lot more time out of cheaper equipment.

If you didn't know about any of this, it is still your fault, because you didn't either take the time to research it or simply ask.

I am gonna go out on a limb here and sport some numbers to you. USCUTTER on EBAY has sold almost 13000 items, with less than 50 Bad or neutral feedbacks. That is less than 1/2 of one percent. That's pretty damn good in my book. Now if we take that further. 90 percent or more of the complaints in here, turn out to be user error, or lack of knowledge. So if you tally up the number of complaints verses the quantity of sales your still going to be sub 1% Failure rate.  And again 99.9% of them get taken care of with a mutually agreeable repair.

I am not a staunch UScutter blue blood either. And I don't get anything from supporting them, (Though I am open up for free stuff to test for them WINK WINK.) I have almost left here a couple times due to some of their support issues, but Marcus has always stepped in when the situation demands it and made sure the customer was happy.

I will continue to deal with them as long as they are run by a man who puts the needs of the customer over the needs of his wallet.

Ok I am done ranting, I had a rough day, needed to vent somewhere. i am sure I could go on for about 7 more pages but my fingers hurt.

Kevin

well said,and thanks. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

I have been away from the forum for quite awhile. It's nice to see Banner John is still as outspoken as ever! I will tell you that I have had R2 (mh721) since 2006 and my copam cp2500 since 2007 and have never had any major hardware problems with either one. I did have to replace the kill switch on R2, but it's because I have ran that cutter hours and hours, years and years and finally wore something out! I noticed a lot of the problems people were having with blown boards and other parts when I first started on this forum were due to wanting to turn it on and cut without reading and learning the basics of setting up and running the cutters. I can say that at times I am just as bad about not reading the destructions, but when it comes to paying quite a bit of money for a machine, I do slow down long enough to find out what NOT to do before I run the machine. I think if ever there was a class action suit filed against UScutter, I would have to be on the list to testify about how not only the cutters they sell perform, but the tremendous amount of support UScutter has given! And I DO NOT, nor have I ever worked for UScutter! But if they ever opened up a Texas sales branch I would gladly sell their products.

Have fun bud.  :thumbsup:

So your saying:

UScutter =  THE DOLLAR STORE of the sign industry

and do not buy their cutters if your not happy with them lasting 90 days

Jim

EDIT:

Hey Booper and I just came up with a new slogan together, lets see how uscutter likes it    :-

I have been away from the forum for quite awhile. It's nice to see Banner John is still as outspoken as ever! I will tell you that I have had R2 (mh721) since 2006 and my copam cp2500 since 2007 and have never had any major hardware problems with either one. I did have to replace the kill switch on R2, but it's because I have ran that cutter hours and hours, years and years and finally wore something out! I noticed a lot of the problems people were having with blown boards and other parts when I first started on this forum were due to wanting to turn it on and cut without reading and learning the basics of setting up and running the cutters. I can say that at times I am just as bad about not reading the destructions, but when it comes to paying quite a bit of money for a machine, I do slow down long enough to find out what NOT to do before I run the machine. I think if ever there was a class action suit filed against UScutter, I would have to be on the list to testify about how not only the cutters they sell perform, but the tremendous amount of support UScutter has given! And I DO NOT, nor have I ever worked for UScutter! But if they ever opened up a Texas sales branch I would gladly sell their products.

Thanks for the voice of reason,and welcome back,Billy!

yes I am still here. And will be until the Angel of Death comes for me.

I am outspoken, I guess. When you've looked death in the face..you really have nothing left to fear.

Again, welcome back.

I know the feeling! I died for over 20 minutes 30 years ago. It was a real heart breaker when the angel of death turned off the light I was running for and sent me back. 

I started reading this thinking  -- WTF

The more I read the more I figured out that Jimmy has is head firmly stuck up his back side and is just trying to stir things up.

Many people in here have tried to assist him and also suggested that he e-mail for support.

Has he tried this - not that anyone can tell. He just wants to stir things up - trying to be clever but just showing how ignorant he is.

He also stated at one point "Im not talking about your machine or your brothers/neighbors..." which tells me he doesn't want positive feedback - he was hoping to get a bunch of disgruntled people to jump in starting a bitch fest so he could get his cutter replaced for free just to shut him up. I say SIT AND SPIN!

I've had my LP24 for about 3 years and love it! I even have the countour cutting figured out and do that all the time with no problems --  except the human type  :thumbsup:

I do have to thank Jimbo for one thing -- this has been entertaining.

Have fun bud.  :thumbsup:

So your saying:

UScutter =  THE DOLLAR STORE of the sign industry

and do not buy their cutters if your not happy with them lasting 90 days

Jim

EDIT:

Hey Booper and I just came up with a new slogan together, lets see how uscutter likes it    :-

I don't see anything in his post comparing US cutter to the dollar store. It was a refrence to the guy at the dollar store and you.

As far as their cutters. I have a Pcut I bought from them on Ebay for $300 and I have easily made over $1k with it. If something was to break down I know I am going to have to pay to fix it becasue I bought the one with a 90 day warranty becasue I wanted to save $100. So far 7 months and going strong.

Every company is going to have bad products once in a while. Even the aircraft & car industry giants have issues sometimes. Like others have said we see a lot of people posting when they have problems. That is normal. Most people don't tell others when something works but if it breaks they tell 100 people.

If US Cutter was selling all kinds of bad stuff in this economy they would not still be around.