jimmy1234

Class Action Lawsuit?

What does everyone think about this?  I keep reading and reading and reading and reading about the same problems year after year. Nothing has changed, the most common problems haven't been fixed. (faulty cutter/Carriage head, dead motherboards, unit not grounded, cuts wont close) All I hear is you need to replace the mother board or buy this or that, why doesn't UScutter fix these issues before sending out a known faulty product? $80 for motherboard $25 for a carriage head, and then sack you with shipping for a known faulty product!  Why do these machines last only 6 months if your lucky? Why the short warranty period? Do you know some thing before the sale that your consumers don't? Is that why the initial price is slow low? Make it up on the after sale with service and support? Is this what is has come to?

Jim

Mine works great had it for years........your lucky, very lucky or you work for UScutter.

The vast majority of people who post here do so because they are having problems. people seldom post when the DON'T have problems. So you really can't go by what you see here in judging the product in general.

yes, there are problems,just as there are problems with everything you buy. Computers, Televisions, etc. US Cutter sells two types of Cutters. Inexpensive Chinese cutters, and professional cutters. You can't expect a $300 cutter to perform as well as a $1500 cutter.And you can't expect something that is shipped across the country via carriers who really could care less how the package is handled..to always arrive in 100% working condition.

I don't work for US Cutter,and I own 3 of their machines. One of which is going on it's 3rd year with nothing more wrong with it than replacing the cutting strip. I personally know 4 other people in my town who own US Cutters,and never had any problems.My brother has one, with no problems.

If you have been reading  year after year ( which I doubt) then you would have seen MANY posts from people with no problems, and how the cutter paid for itself in no time. You would also see posts from people buying their second or even third cutter.

An occasional bad motherboard or carriage head does not qualify as a know faulty product...as I am sure any lawyer would tell you.

Since you asked what we think...I think you're full of crap. But that's just one man's opinion.

I love my cheap cutter.  Sure its not a cadillac, and sure its gonna break at some time, but I have 2 of them now, and I can pay for it in a couple hours work if its a good job. 

What exactly would you be sueing for?  They don't claim the refines to be professional machines, and don't price them as such, not sure what you expect or want.

my p-cut works fine so far the only problems i have had with it or sb software is with the mother board in my head not working right. I am just getting started in vinyl and could not see a big investment in a professional cutter(yet) so bought off e bay for a couple hundred bucks Hell i have paid that much for one night out. as was said you get what you pay for I have a friend with a 4000.00 Graphtec that has had it in the shop two or three times.

Dan

"  Since you asked what we think...I think you're full of crap "

YEE-HAA , my ole buddy John is getting back up to speed & feeling better  :rolleyes: now if 5 ever stays up to speed  :rolleyes:

Jim , I don't quite understand your whole post ... is the last part your own experience & the 1rst part observations about posts where some have had problems ? Only 1 of your following staements can be true " Why do these machines last only 6 months if your lucky? " & " Mine works great had it for years........your lucky, very lucky or you work for UScutter. "

I also think you are full of crap ... reminds me of others who come on here just to bash a great company that also sells entry level cutters . Most members who bash like that wind up being jealous competitors IMO . IF you were being genuine & sincere , you really overlooked what John explained . Members don't ask for support when there are no problems .

"A class action is a specific type of lawsuit filed by a party who seeks individual relief as well as relief on behalf of a specifically designated class of people or businesses. In this type of lawsuit, a party may have only suffered damages of amounts even as low as just a few dollars, however, the damages are much more when the total damages suffered by the class are calculated"

Im not talking about your machine or your brothers/neighbors...It's about the total machines sold and the amount of repair of the same issues over and over, year after year without it being resolved/fixed.  Its the same in any business they are not going to fix the issues if they are not made to, in UScutters case I dont think they have enough "pull" with the manufacture in china to have the rebranded equipment fixed, that they are selling to all of us and it is not right or fair that we have to pay for it!

"you get what you pay for"

I paid x amount of dollars that I was told would be able to cut vinyl, it doesnt do it, so I gave money and get nothing?

If they would stop selling faulty equipment, and repair the very well know issues, many many others uscutter customers would be happy and im sure sales would increase exponentially.

Jim

looks like justs some Pot stirring with poor English - makes me look good on the spelling and grammar

I have had 3 dell computer have motherboards die after warranty but I am not looking to sue dell - the percentage of bad to good units is actually quite impressive. many of the initial complaints turn out to be user error or unrealistic expectations like I can print a picture on my printer so I should instantly be able to run a plotter.  if you ever want to feel dumb when you is a computer expert try using ESRI arc info for gis. Powerful program and will humble you in a heartbeat.

"A class action is a specific type of lawsuit filed by a party who seeks individual relief as well as relief on behalf of a specifically designated class of people or businesses. In this type of lawsuit, a party may have only suffered damages of amounts even as low as just a few dollars, however, the damages are much more when the total damages suffered by the class are calculated"

Im not talking about your machine or your brothers/neighbors...It's about the total machines sold and the amount of repair of the same issues over and over, year after year without it being resolved/fixed.  Its the same in any business they are not going to fix the issues if they are not made to, in UScutters case I dont think they have enough "pull" with the manufacture in china to have the rebranded equipment fixed, that they are selling to all of us and it is not right or fair that we have to pay for it!

"you get what you pay for"

I paid x amount of dollars that I was told would be able to cut vinyl, it doesnt do it, so I gave money and get nothing?

If they would stop selling faulty equipment, and repair the very well know issues, many many others uscutter customers would be happy and im sure sales would increase exponentially.

Jim

I payed my money...and my cutter works great.  Ever consider maybe its user error?  :rolleyes:

Looks like from September of 2008 you was happy until you had an equipment failure today!  did you take the proper precautions and have the unit on a surge suppressor?  Properly Grounded including stand?  Operating a the proper humidity or are you working in a dry house with vinyl and low humidity and blaming someone else for the problem you did not take steps  to prevent?

Banner John

Whats your kick back to always down play everyones critical views of UScutter?

You have been on here longer and me and I know you know what im talking about with all the complaints about motherboards, carriage heads, closing cuts, usb failures .........and the infamous not grounded properly which is the cause of all of the motherboard, carriage, and lcd failures! Period, and has been known for a looonnng time....you can search for it on here and find people who actually admit they work for the UScutter who address the problem saying it needs to be grounded!

Great lets start name calling    :rolleyes:

Jim

tlzimmerman

LOL user error.....ive never seen a product claim so much "user error" problems    :rolleyes:

How about we make this constructive and fix these many issues rather than deflect and ignore the issues that come with a purchase of a UScutter.

Jim

I noticed when i got my graphtec and first cut was with t-shirt vinyl the static was horrendous with the plastic cased cutter - I immediately ran a ground from the stand to an external ground and the problem went away.  I took the necessary precautions on my expensive cutter and didn't wait to blame the company because I chose to work with vinyl that will build static.  You can see from my post I defiantly don't always agree with anyone including USC but there is an inherent risk with the media you choose to work with.  Like getting hit with a golf ball on the course and suing the golf course

I noticed when i got my graphtec and first cut was with t-shirt vinyl the static was horrendous with the plastic cased cutter - I immediately ran a ground from the stand to an external ground and the problem went away.  I took the necessary precautions on my expensive cutter and didn't wait to blame the company because I chose to work with vinyl that will build static.  You can see from my post I defiantly don't always agree with anyone including USC but there is an inherent risk with the media you choose to work with.  Like getting hit with a golf ball on the course and suing the golf course

I purchased a product not a service/entertainment like golf. When I purchased this equipment it didn't come with a disclaimer saying if I get hit by a stray golf ball I would not hold the PGA........liable.

A better analogy would be TOYOTA finally recalling all their cars after enough people have stood up and did something about it!  Toyota has known since 2007 about the sticking gas pedals from insurance companies and choose not to do anything about it until the media got a hold of it.

Jim

Banner John

You have been on here longer and me and I know you know what im talking about with all the complaints about motherboards, carriage heads, closing cuts, usb failures .........and the infamous not grounded properly which is the cause of all of the motherboard, carriage, and lcd failures! Period, and has been known for a looonnng time....you can search for it on here and find people who actually admit they work for the UScutter who address the problem saying it needs to be grounded!

Great lets start name calling     :rolleyes:

Jim

Why do you think there is a kick back? For the number of cutters USCutter sells, the number of complaints on here that are not resolved are very few. Like John said, people that do not have issues usually will not post here. I have see maybe a handfull that have not been taken care of to the customers satisfaction.

Jay

you never did answer the question about if the unit was on a surge suppressor or externally grounded.  what contributed to the malfunction after over 14 months of working properly

I purchased a product not a service/entertainment like golf. When I purchased this equipment it didn't come with a disclaimer saying if I get hit by a stray golf ball I would not hold the PGA........liable.

A better analogy would be TOYOTA finally recalling all their cars after enough people have stood up and did something about it!  Toyota has known since 2007 about the sticking gas pedals from insurance companies and choose not to do anything about it until the media got a hold of it.

Jim

LMAO!!!!!!!!! So who's gonna alert the press first about this grave injustice that has unfairly befallen all of us and ruined our collective lives? Not even FOX would give two flying Shyyyts about you! LOL!

Oh and here's an idea, instead of wasting a few grand on legal fees how about you just go buy a professional series cutter (from USCutter I would hope) and use up all this spare time you seem to have making some MONEY! WORST IDEA EVERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

I've yet to see anybody support the class action effort. There must not be any dissatisfied customers on line today.

Jay

Why do you think there is a kick back? For the number of cutters USCutter sells, the number of complaints on here that are not resolved are very few. Like John said, people that do not have issues usually will not post here. I have see maybe a handfull that have not been taken care of to the customers satisfaction.

Jay

I don't care if hes getting a kick back but don't hide in the weeds about it!

Back on topic....

The issue is not about getting it resolved for $80 or whatever the price of the new part is. UScutter will fix your problems with your cutter very efficiently, AS LONG AS YOU PAY FOR THE FIX THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE BROKEN IN THE FIRST PLACE!  (plus shipping both ways)

Jim

Banner John

Great lets start name calling     :rolleyes:

Jim

I get no kick-back. In fact, I very seldom get a thank you or a 'well done'. IF you had been reading the forums as religiously as you claim, you would find that I have been critical of US Cutter on many occasions. Too many to count.

Fact is, you bought a cheap cutter because that's what you wanted to spend.

Your words:

November 09, 2008, 11:11:15 AM

you never did answer the question about if the unit was on a surge suppressor or externally grounded.  what contributed to the malfunction after over 14 months of working properly

Good question Dakotagrafx,

That is what I am trying to figure out now, was working now dead.  Looks to be the carriage, MB seems to be working fine.  It has always been on the same outlet with surge protector and I grounded it from the chassis to the frame to external ground.

Jim

Banner John,

That aboy john show your MOD power....give me a break and add something constructive or dont chim in

Jim

Now we're making progress - did you do the battery test on the carriage?  have you submitted a support tickedt so it can be diagnosed?

Banner John,

This isnt just about me, its about all the complaints about the same exact issues with these cutters, MotherBoards, USB, Carriage, LCD.......

Jim

Banner John,

That aboy john show your MOD power....give me a break and add something constructive or dont chim in

Jim

And how am I showing my mod power? If I wanted to show my mod power, Jimbo, this thread would be gone and you along with it.

I haven't said anything that others haven't said.