jimmy1234

Class Action Lawsuit?

when you are cutting  different designs, one right after the other,  are you shutting your machine off before starting another design,?  If not, you should, just to clear the memory.  They only hold so much memory.  What your stating can happen very easily when cutting design after design, without shutting it off, between cuts. 

Kevin - have you contacted USC support?  have you done a support ticket?

no mention of it in any of his posts. In fact, if you read his posts, they are a bit confusing. Esp the one about using USB on his laptop.

no mention of it in any of his posts. In fact, if you read his posts, they are a bit confusing. Esp the one about using USB on his laptop.

What's confusing john?

probably the part about "Just purchased a MH-871 and it is cutting great".  and from reading your post could the problem be with the usb hub you are using?  have you tried to use the cutter plugged directly into the computer for better communication with no noise added by the hub???

I can tell you that if you use a four port usb hub on a laptop they do not get the power to the ports like a desktop. And if you have the printer and a cutter running through the same usb hubs it will at times try to print to the printer instead of the cutter. And if you run a wireless internet through the same hub as the cutter it will mess up the commands sent to the cutter because the cutter runs off of modem commands like the internet. If your cutter head is shaking when it cuts it's more than likely because the signals it's receiving are not clear commands either from the power of the usb hub or the devices you have connected at the same time you are trying to run the cutter. And you need to make sure you have updated the usb drivers as well. I had problems with mine on a new laptop with windows 7 and downloaded the updated prolific usb drivers and have not had a problem since. But the cutter only runs the commands it is sent. If it's only running half of a job it's more than likely because there is a command interference telling the cutter the job is through. And also if you have the cutter plugged into a port, you have to use that port for the cutter always. If you plug it in to a different port it will change the com settings because the original port is set up for the com port you were using. Hope that helps.

What's confusing john?

what kind of serial card did you buy for your laptop?

I can tell you that if you use a four port usb hub on a laptop they do not get the power to the ports like a desktop. And if you have the printer and a cutter running through the same usb hubs it will at times try to print to the printer instead of the cutter. And if you run a wireless internet through the same hub as the cutter it will mess up the commands sent to the cutter because the cutter runs off of modem commands like the internet. If your cutter head is shaking when it cuts it's more than likely because the signals it's receiving are not clear commands either from the power of the usb hub or the devices you have connected at the same time you are trying to run the cutter. And you need to make sure you have updated the usb drivers as well. I had problems with mine on a new laptop with windows 7 and downloaded the updated prolific usb drivers and have not had a problem since. But the cutter only runs the commands it is sent. If it's only running half of a job it's more than likely because there is a command interference telling the cutter the job is through. And also if you have the cutter plugged into a port, you have to use that port for the cutter always. If you plug it in to a different port it will change the com settings because the original port is set up for the com port you were using. Hope that helps.

I figured the problem i was having in one of my previous posts;about the usb; was because it kept kicking out the usb in the middle of the cut. So I stopped using it. I have both a laptop & desktop that I have tried it on. Seems like the same problems no matter which way I connect. I have even connected thru the parralel printer cable since my old laptop has the port and still had issues. Currently I have installed a serial card into my desktop and have it connected that way. The problems stated earlier are still happening when connected this way. I could understand that the file got interupted and it stopped. But the cuts today would cut a few things, then the head would pick up and move all the way over and hit the red reset button? The origin was set where the head was over an inch away from the reset button. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Did you create a support ticket or contact support?

could be a memory problem also

I did create a support ticket just now. I having been working with plotters and cnc machines for many years so my first instinct is to troubleshoot first. I'm sure the plotter will probably work tomorrow. that's the biggest problem, never knowing when it's going to work. Hard to make money like that. That's what is so strange to me, if it was a bad motherboard, why would it work perfect sometimes? If it was a memory issue, why would it cut 20+ letters before stopping one time but only cut about 13" of a countour cut before stopping the next? It's not like these are huge files.

The way it sounds, it's like the cut connection is dropping from the cutter itself. The memory chips and motherboard connections can vibrate loose from running. Or even if you move the cutter around in your shop a lot. If it was me, I would pull the cover off and check the inside connections. But since you aren't me, I would suggest getting with a tech at UScutter in the morning and have him walk you through checking those connections.

i can completely agree with jimmy on this.

i have also fallen victim to the same types of faulty products.

2 years ago, i bought a used chevy chevette  with dreams of competing in the nhra top fuel funny car national finals.

i spent most of my life saving and had to cash in my 401k to raise the necessary funds to travel and compete.

much to my dismay, this dismal failure of a vehicle did nothing to help me stay competitive in the top fuel class.

why would a manufacturer put out this kind of garbage knowing that it wouldnt win any sanctioned funny car races?? its completely irresponsible, and needs to be dealt with, asap. ive made numerous calls to their corporate headquarters, and they refuse to reimburse my life savings and 401k losses.

i can completely agree with jimmy on this.

i have also fallen victim to the same types of faulty products.

2 years ago, i bought a used chevy chevette  with dreams of competing in the nhra top fuel funny car national finals.

i spent most of my life saving and had to cash in my 401k to raise the necessary funds to travel and compete.

much to my dismay, this dismal failure of a vehicle did nothing to help me stay competitive in the top fuel class.

why would a manufacturer put out this kind of garbage knowing that it wouldnt win any sanctioned funny car races?? its completely irresponsible, and needs to be dealt with, asap. ive made numerous calls to their corporate headquarters, and they refuse to reimburse my life savings and 401k losses.

problem is you bought the chevette used, not new like my plotter. And I'm not trying to do anything other than what it says it can do. I don't think the chevette was listed as doing 200+ mph anywhere.

Thanks anyway.

I figured the problem i was having in one of my previous posts;about the usb; was because it kept kicking out the usb in the middle of the cut. So I stopped using it. I have both a laptop & desktop that I have tried it on. Seems like the same problems no matter which way I connect. I have even connected thru the parralel printer cable since my old laptop has the port and still had issues. Currently I have installed a serial card into my desktop and have it connected that way. The problems stated earlier are still happening when connected this way. I could understand that the file got interupted and it stopped. But the cuts today would cut a few things, then the head would pick up and move all the way over and hit the red reset button? The origin was set where the head was over an inch away from the reset button. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Run your cutter straight to the computer usb port. If you use a hub you can have power drops and signal noise the cutter can not take. CNC machines can not take noisy signals either. I have spent many days tracking down a noise problem on one CNC machine. Your USB hub may not be able to carry your load either. I had a USB Hub the other day give me a fault when i plugged a flash drive into it. I plugged the flash drive into the computer port and it worked fine. Ordered a new USB Hub from Tiger Direct and the problem went away. Also check your carriage head rollers. Mine got to acting up and i found a small piece of vinyl dot from the punched roll had gotten under the edge of one of the rollers putting the carriage in a bind. It was under a cover so i could not see it until i removed the cover. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

from my earlier post you can see I removed the usb hub out of the connection a long time ago. I am connected thru serial/com port.

I too can relate with Jim. I bought my MH871 on 2/8/10, received it on 2/10/10 (fast shipping!). Got it hooked up on the 2/12/10 and by 2/22/10 had to contact support because it would stop cutting in the middle of a job. I made sure to read all the forums before attempting to cut anything, had my husband (cnc machinist) ground the cutter to the stand for me, hooked it up via usb as I have no other ports on my computer available.

Talked to Levi on the 22nd who said that it was because I was using the weeding feature in SB. He said that I could not use the weeding feature without it freezing up, why make a feature in a program if it won't work?! So, he installed SignCut Pro (the free license for a year) and said this should work for me since I don't need to do any designing in SB (I use Corel X4 for all my work). That was great, ran a couple small test runs and viola! It was working without freezing!

Next day, had to call support back. As soon as I started a large graphic it froze again. This time talked to Brandon, who after some troubleshooting determined that my machine was defective and told me to ship it back to them and they would get me a new one. He also stated that the MH series machines were not meant to cut large graphics and that I needed to be in a PCut instead, that it had more memory. Now, my first thought was, "why manufacture a 33" cutter if it won't be able to cut 33"? BTW, I was only trying to cut about 18" wide. Makes no sense to me. So anyways, Brandon said they would waive all fees because I was sent a defective machine, great!

He said someone would be contacting me to make the switch out.  After waiting all day with no one contacting me I called back and got some DB, Yarrow (SP?) who said that I had to ship back the cutter at my expense!!!! Are you kidding me???!!! I have had a machine for all of 13 days that had been determined as defective and I have to pay upwards of $65 to ship the POS back to them?:thumbsup:!!! They said it states in the warranty that buyer is responsible for shipping back to manufacturer, hello is this even a warranty issue at 13 days? And even if it were, wouldn