Sign in to follow this  
Can-Am

International banner sales

Ok not sure if this is legit.

Got a request from someone to ship a large quantity of banners to Hungary.

They suggested the shipper and its expensive........

Has anyone else had any requests like this..

Dave

It's a scam, without a doubt.  There are several threads about it on here, but the jist is either: 

1: They'll offer to pay for the "shipper" via either check/CC/bank transfer, where the amount they paid is over the total, due to a "clerical error" and they'll just ask you to transfer the remaining amount back to them.  The money from them will not clear.

2: They'll transfer the total amount to your account via check/CC/bank transfer, but ask you to pay for the "shipper" in the short term, so the product can get shipping without delay.  The "shipper" is a sham, and will keep your money.  The money from them will not clear.

3:  Some new scam they have devised.  Ingenious folks, those Nigerians/Africans.

Why would someone from Hungary order banners from North America?

Thats what I said to the wife  WHY would they order from us surely there are people over there that can make banners,  but the kicker is they want the expensive shipper that they suggested even when UPS is $1600.00 cheaper.

Yep, see #2.  The "shipper" is a sham account, they won't come to pick up the product after you transfer the money.

Both the buyer and the shipper work from "Gmail" email accounts and the shippers web site is under construction so they say...  makes you wonder

Yeah, you are right they are ingenious, at my "real" job we have a free classifieds site and my group is in charge of moderations, howlee molee talk about all sorts of scams, and they are persistent too.  Guess when only 1 in 1000 falls for it you gotta put many thousand ads up.

Sounds like you sniffed it out real good.

Emailed them that I would only use my shipper and I would put a 30 day hold on the funds .  Lets see if they come back ..

don't even waste your time, this is a well known scam. their payment to you will bounce or will be charged back. your payment to the shipping will disappear and you will be stuck with worthless banners.

the worst part is if you pay with a cc they will steal that too and you will get a bunch of charges to your cc and some other person will get stuck with the bill as they do this again.