Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

FAVOR from all hunters PLEASE

Guest Terry

At the right side when you open link.... IT SAYS ONLINE POLL.  PLEASE VOTE YES TO HUNTING DOVES. Just click button is all and it's done.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH...............  

Guest Terry

Thanks Dakota......... Hope we have NOT to many anti on here. ;D

I'm not a hunter..but I have a question. What do you do with a dove after you kill it? They aren't very big, can't be much eating there for all the trouble. Is it just for the sport of it?

Guest Terry

I'm not a hunter..but I have a question. What do you do with a dove after you kill it? They aren't very big, can't be much eating there for all the trouble. Is it just for the sport of it?

No REAL hunter would kill for sport. Doves are great eating. pull breast out, line them all up for cooking prep. and outside beer eating party.

No REAL hunter would kill for sport. Doves are great eating. pull breast out, line them all up for cooking prep. and outside beer eating party.

More power to you,but that's a LOT more trouble than I want to go to for my food.

Yeah we eat ours....well 90% of them anywhere, the rest kinda get shot up into nothingness.  Dove breast wrapped inbacon cooked in butter and bbq sauce makes my mouth water.  Great deep fat fried too.  Its about the size of a chicken nugget really, and you get 2 per dove.  

Guest Terry

It's all fun and eats with the guys outdoor cooking night and beer.

Bacon-Wrapped & Jalapeno-Stuffed Grilled Dove Breasts

INGREDIENTS:

-10 Dove Breasts(or whatever your limit was)

-10 slices bacon-5 pickled jalapenos, sliced lengthwise

-2 tablespoons melted butter

-1 teaspoon garlic

-1 teaspoon ground black pepper

-1 teasoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

Mix last four ingredients together. Pour over dove breasts and marinade at least 4 hours.

Place a jalapeno half inside the cavity. Wrap each dove breast with a slice of bacon and hold all together with a toothpick.

Grill over medium heat, about 4 minutes per side, until bacon is crisp and dove breasts are brown. Serve.

Guest Terry

I voted for you, but I have no idea why anyone would want to eat a freaking pigeon...  

LMAO............... ;D ;D ;D I can't stop laughing......... ;D To freaking funny ;D

post-0-12986550000169_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550018789_thumb.jpg

Voted for ya brother, and fancy rich people pay big money to eat pidgeon all the time, they just call it Squab!! LOL!

Guest Terry

Midwaste your to funny............. And your screen name fits ya fine. LMAO   ;D ;D ;D

Guest Terry

Voted for ya brother, and fancy rich people pay big money to eat pidgeon all the time, they just call it Squab!! LOL!

Squab.............. LOL.............. freaking funny people today.  ;D ;D ;D

If hunting were about getting food conveniently nobody would hunt, alot of it is about the sport of it.  That said, I have always been taught to eat or use what I kill.

I do have to admit the payoff would be greater with an ostrich - more meat less work

I do have to admit the payoff would be greater with an ostrich - more meat less work

I hear that ostrich can run 50 miles an hour. If you could bag one of those, THAT would give you a work-out.

IM in North carolina and dove season comes in labor day weekend approximately one week before deer season and that is a good kick off to hunting season alltogrther and dove is delicious  VOTED YES GOOD LUCK jhelms

That is terrible how can you kill those little doves?:rolleyes:

Voted yes good luck!!

bird shot - something a little larger for the ostrich

Guest Terry

That is terrible how can you kill those little doves?:thumbsup:

Voted yes good luck!!

bird shot - something a little larger for the ostrich

:rolleyes::thumbsup: