Sign in to follow this  
protek

Vinyl Master Pro can't import eps or ai?

Hope you all are well, it's been along time since I been here.

Can anyone help with a VMP question? Every time I try to import EPS or AI I get either nothing at all or I get a strange shape like a tri angle or something else. Here is what VMP support is telling me,

"When the file being imported into VMP was originally exported from a 3rd party program as an eps file that required the importing program to have a postscript interpreter to unpack it and as VMP is a vector based program it does not expect this type of eps file and therefore cannot open it.

In these cases when you export from another program to import into VMP, do so as .eps without a bitmap (tif) header,  make all text curves, use Post Script Level 1 and uncheck all the additional options like

do you have inkscape, or signblazer? you could try importing into them and then exporting from them to recreate the file.

bb

Hi cutme,

I just tried inkscape and it only lets me use ps level 2 and 3. Maybe an older version of it will work. I'll see if I can hunt 1 down.

Thanks for the reply.  :rolleyes:

Paul

Paul, have you tried other EPS and AI files, I to have this problem from time to time.

I usually import to illustrator, then export the file.

Seems to work most of the time.

Found the problem,

You will not believe this ... I kept getting an error with another program that is not related. I hunted the issue down and it turned out that something changed my windows setting to make my pc think I was in Newzealand, LOL. Techs at VMP could not tell me what the problem was even with screen shots. The other error led me to the fix. I would have never thought.

I went to control panel, regional and language and changed it back to the US version of English and changed my country back to the USA.

Because I installed the program as a US version, the PC did not understand the communication because it thought it was from another country.

I appreciate the help and also learned a big lesson. I am in IT and I would have never expected this! WOW! It blew my mind, lol.

Paul