Sign in to follow this  
uscutterboy

T shirt vinyl pricing

Hello everyone  ;D    .  Question of the day, How much do I charge per square inch of cut t shirt vinyl ?  I am using Thermoflex and it cost me 50 dollars  for 15 feet.  Also do I charge for the wasted material ?  Thank you all so much for your help !!!    ;D

I have a program that tells me what the cost per sq inch is and I calculate the lost amount too. I do try to squeeze in as much as I can and cut the items separate after weeding.

You should look into Siser Easy weed from http://www.alpinesignsupply.com/ They have it for $32.00 per roll. Siser and Thermoflex are real close from what I've heard. I love siser becasue it is easy to weed and very thin and feels great on shirts. I am not at home right now so I don't know the prices I charge per square inch for the shirts. I will post later once I get home to my computer.

Ok here is the breakdown of the vinyl your using currently

Per sq inch is $0.0185

Per sq foot is $2.67

Per sq yard is $24.04

I would at least charge 3x what the vinyl cost as markup.

For the siser from alpine the prices are

Per sq inch is $0.0119

Per sq foot is $1.71

Per sq foot is $15.38

I get approx 3-4 rolls from alpine for $10 shipping.

I use a program I got from a member here that he custom wrote the code for. You can go to his website at www.papsoft.com Its called Pap3.

He wrote it for the sign business. It is great. you can keep inventory, invoicing, customer base, and many other things with it. I'm not sure if Pappy comes around much any more but you can email him if you have any questions with the software.

When I try to cut the thermo flex, the material seems to not be held very well. It seems that as it moves, the vinyl moves off of track. I am using the mh-871  (something like that) any idea of how to keep the material from slipping off of track

are you cutting with the dull side up? I'm not familiar with thermoflex but if its like siser the dull side is the side you cut. the shiny side is the backing part

one side is clear plastic and the other is vinyl ? I am cutting the vinyl side.    :-  Thanks for the help      I have my first 22 shirt order  !!!!!  Pretty excited.  Hope this stuff works    :o

Guest sciondrgn

General rules for tracking.. This is what i do.

Line your vinyl up and roll out about a foot or so. Line it up as straight as you can then roll the vinyl back and forth a few times using the machine.. Check to see if the vinyl is drifting any.. adjust one side of the vinyl and try again..

If the vinyl is drifting to the right, slide in the right side, and same for the left, drifting to the left, adjust in the left side..

It takes a little practice to get it lining up perfect but after I while i can just about get it on the first try everytime