killerdecals

Cutter will not cut longer then 65 inches

I am trying to cut racing stripes for a customer which measure 20" wide by 72" long. Now when I go to cut this and the machine prefeeds it should move across the vinyl very slow compaired to the rollers because it is only supposed to move 20" but instead it moves just as fast as the rollers and will not stop moving across the vinyl infact if will move all the way across the machine until it hits the otherside of the machine if you let it. Now if I make the length 65" or shorter it is just fine and works great but any length over 65" it will do this crap. Why would my length be making my cutter do this when it's the width that the cutter is supposed to be measuring across? Any help would be great thanks

Might help you to list the cutter you have, the software you are using, and maybe even post the file for others to have a look at.

Fill out your Signature with the basic info like mine is done and then everyone knows what your using. And you won't have to type it out with each post./

Might help you to list the cutter you have, the software you are using, and maybe even post the file for others to have a look at.

Fill out your Signature with the basic info like mine is done and then everyone knows what your using. And you won't have to type it out with each post./

Sorry I have the US CUTTER REFINE MH 1351 and I am using signblazer right now. I have flexistarter 8.5 but I have yet to learn how to use it so I continue with signblazer until then. As for the file it doesn't matter what I use infact I can just make a rectangle and it will do the same thing. Thanks

Thats what I was going to suggest.  Go into your cutter setup and make sure your work space is longer then what you are cutting.  Your program work space can be whatever length, but what matters is the cutter space length. If that is shorter then what your cutting the thing will just stop.

Any luck with those settings? Seems like I've had similar problems trying to run some letters for a 6' banner once. I had to go back and cut it as two tiles. Just testing the maximum position before cutting, the machine would start feeding and then eventually the carriage would hit the left side of the machine, like it was out of range, even though on the screen my workspace was fine and the material size was set correctly.

I would almost bet it is either the workspace size as the guys have said or that it is tiling your design. there is a blue and a red outline around your designs when you cut in SBE. I can't off the top of my head remember how but you can zoom out on the cutter screen to see your entire design, and you can then make sure the box is only a single one and doesn't cut across your design. I would venture to say since it's stopping at teh same point that this is the problem. just a guess though.

Kevin

Nobody has any suggestions? Man this sucks lol

could you post a screenshot/picture of your cutting screen, when you have your design ready for cut,  possibly someone can see the problem,  or something clicked that shouldn't be.

have you tried setting your cutter up on a different com port than com1?,,,  try   3, or 4....      Com 1 is usually used for an actual serial port connection.   See if that helps.  this is from the support section  for USB,  You did not state how you are connected.  I am only assuming USB,   Also  I have been  using Flexistarter for 4 years and love it.  VERY ez to use.   You might want to consider learning it.   I have also included the info for serial port,  try it on com2

USB

If you need to install your cutter through the USB port, you will need to install the USB drivers. USB drivers are available on our support site under Downloads, then MH/Refine Series Downloads. The USB driver is the very top selection, simply click on it and run it. It will self-install and when finished tell you that "FTDI drivers have been successfully installed." Once the drivers are installed, you can plug your USB cable in to the computer and Windows should tell you that "new hardware is found" and then "your hardware is installed and ready to use." You then need to check your device manager under the ports category to see which COM port the USB installed to (usually COM3 or COM4). Once you find out which port it installed to, you can then tell SignBlazer which port it is using and select the correct Device.

Serial Port (9pin cable)

Simply connect the cable to your computer from the cutter and set the SignBlazer software to cut/ plot through the COM1 port. If that does not work, you may need to try COM2 if you have had other devices hooked up to the serial port in the past.

killer on the cut screen where it shows your machine in the picture. go up to view, and zoom all. See if it shows the red box cutting across your design. And another box after it with a 2 in it.You can use your mouse wheel to zoom after that to see it better.

Kevin

have you tried setting your cutter up on a different com port than com1?,,,  try   3, or 4....      Com 1 is usually used for an actual serial port connection.   See if that helps.  this is from the support section  for USB,  You did not state how you are connected.  I am only assuming USB,   Also  I have been  using Flexistarter for 4 years and love it.  VERY ez to use.   You might want to consider learning it.   I have also included the info for serial port,  try it on com2

USB

If you need to install your cutter through the USB port, you will need to install the USB drivers. USB drivers are available on our support site under Downloads, then MH/Refine Series Downloads. The USB driver is the very top selection, simply click on it and run it. It will self-install and when finished tell you that "FTDI drivers have been successfully installed." Once the drivers are installed, you can plug your USB cable in to the computer and Windows should tell you that "new hardware is found" and then "your hardware is installed and ready to use." You then need to check your device manager under the ports category to see which COM port the USB installed to (usually COM3 or COM4). Once you find out which port it installed to, you can then tell SignBlazer which port it is using and select the correct Device.

Serial Port (9pin cable)

Simply connect the cable to your computer from the cutter and set the SignBlazer software to cut/ plot through the COM1 port. If that does not work, you may need to try COM2 if you have had other devices hooked up to the serial port in the past.

Actually I am connected serial port but I have tried usb and changing com's as well and same thing. I am almost starting to think it is a cutter issue because signblazer is so simple I can't imagine it being that. This summer it got damaged by lightening during a storm because it was plugged in so I had to replace the motherboard and I/O board in it. I don't see why that would matter either but I am out of ideas here lol. Anyone know of a good site to learn how to use flexistarter?

At the top of the Main layout screen is HELP.  click it and HELP TOPICS    Flexistarter. is very user friendly..    I taught myself..

At the top of the Main layout screen is HELP.  click it and HELP TOPICS     Flexistarter. is very user friendly..    I taught myself..

Thanks Speed I need to check that out