Sign in to follow this  
Piazzolla

Hi PEOPLE!! i would need some advice...

Thanks in advance... I'm an argentinian designer and i've just moved to montreal... I decided to buy a plotter and i'm looking for one at ebay because this city is so expensive that i have to get a really cheap one to start working... The thing is i have a macbook pro with OS X 10.4.10 and i draw with Illustrator cs3...at ebay i could get a plotter for 350 dollars but my head is full of doubts if i will be able to use it or not... besides i don't have any experience on cutting software

the plotter i could buy on ebay is this one: PCUT 25" Vinyl Cutter/Cutting Plotter ( i think it doesn't bring any software but they say i could use it with mac WITH THE APPROPIATE SOFTWARE... )

so the question is.... have any of you experienced people heard about this plotter? if you have... do you know if i could use it with mac?

We have a pcut 630. Yes it is cheap as far as price but seems to be made well. I am not a mac guy so the software end of that will be up to Ken to help you out.

I just bought a pcut after using a refine for a year, I needed a smaller machine. HOW DO I GET IT WORKING ON A MAC!!!

AHH I am going crazy. Signblazers website says they work on macs, but alas to no avail and Sign cut doesn't seem to be working with it either, although I think I have that set up right. HELP!!!

SignBlazer Elements for USCutter is not Mac compatible. SignCut is, and if you have the driver for the USB connection loaded properly on your Mac, there should be a selection for Device that looks like: devusbserial00000

Select the make and model of your cutter by clicking on the cutter button and selecting, and set the device to the selection that looks like the devusbserial0000

I downloaded FTDIUSBSerialDriverv2_1_8    and installed it. I have no idea if it is installed right though as it finished the install and then restarted the computer as it said it would. No option that looks like the one you offered. Is there a different driver to try?

Thanks

Actually we at SignBlazer take a great interest in the Mac Platform

We have many, many users using the PC version of SignBlazer Elements without a problem on Intel Macs.

How?

Install Parallels and then a copy of Vista then Signblazer.

We do not offer support for this installation.

Jerry from SignBlazer

Yes, I have been able to configure our cutters to run on Parallels successfully with SignBlazer.