edge

Software suggestions to allow cutting from Corel?

For the past 2+ years I have designed in Corel X3 and launched to cut with various versions of SignCut PE (currently 2.21 WIN). The only requirement placed upon the cutting software in my case has been to add weeding lines and interpolate the data to a Copam 2500. I've got a couple of months license rights remaining on the SignCut PE 2.21 and frankly don't care to spend even more $ to upgrade to SignCut PRO for features and perceived problems I don't need.

So I'm exploring other options. I'm looking for a replacement cutting software to direct a Copam 2500 that will launch or interact well from Corel X3 and allow adding weeding lines. That's it, that's all I need. As an added plus this software would ideally be $125 or less and not expect me to pay another premium 12 months in the future.

Any suggestions from actual users?

SignGo lite or similar perhaps?

Signcut is what's known as Bridge software, it creates a bridge between design software and your cutter. as far as this stuff goes, it's about as cheap as it gets. $300 for the dongle version is pretty cheap. the only other program I have tried that;s even Close in price is Procut XP Junior at $375. The next ones are upward of 500+ like CoCut and SignTools 3. You might get locky and find an older version of these online. But I can't say for sure.

I personally would recommend finding an older version of FlexiSign Pro, a much better investment in my opinion.

Kevin

Appreciate the suggestion....However I gotta tell you, the older I get; the less inclined I am to trying.

Corel may not be the best....but right now it's the most comfortable for me and does all that I ask of it.

I ordered the dongle for SignCut earlier this week.

Edge, it has nothing to do with age. :D

It is just what you started with and are comfortable with.

I am a X4 man too with some help from the photshop brothers.

Paco

How to cut direct from Illustrator & COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it

• Like 1

if you want to change operating system to linux and get rid of windows you can get inkscape free -- sk1 free --- and linux cutting software for free --- and you can even run AI and Corel in linux ----

so just another option

• Like 1

Can you convert it to Inkscape or Sign Blazer and cut from there? I am new to my corel x3 and have almost given up on it but it is easier to do the text in curves then it is in SB. Plus I just bought an Epson 1100 and figured this would be the best software to work in to actually send to my printer. I have been watching a lot of youtube videos and still am lost..:huh:

Thanks,

Christi

Design in Corel and EXPORT as .eps.

Open file in Sign Blazer and cut from there.

Easy?

Paco

Yup that is easy. Thank you. I was trying to save it as an eps not export.

Thanks,

Christi