Sign in to follow this  
MaderDesign

New MX/Quad Graphics

Just finished up my buddies quad and working on my other buddies quad.

chadsgfx.jpg

newgrafix.jpg

frontgraphics.jpg

I'll load up more pictures here soon as I get more photos.

Very nice.....If we didn't already have a deal with our local guy, I would give you a shot.  I will always support the small guys like us, before I have anything done by the big companies.  It's awesome to get the personal service.  That's why I run my business the way I do.  I would rather have 20 customers and get to know all of them, rather than become a production line and not know who I am creating for.......Keep punching them out.....

I have around 9 more guys kits being produced and printed. I'm going to start offering standard designs for people to quick pick and then custom 1 offs that will run a bit more.

Also have one KXF250 running the AMA Arenacross series all over the country with my graphics kit. Things are beginning to pick up for graphics kits and other racing goods.

I've seen others using the regular vinyl to attempt to do graphics, it's funny, the crap "blows" off literally. Mine is 18 mil thick with super high adhesion. People so far are very happy.

Freakin awesome job man!  Thats a BA looking CanAm! ;D

If I didn't already have a kit on my bike I would be interested in some.  What do some customs run for a YFZ just in case?

$150 for a complete kit (includes shrouds, tank, fenders, number plates) Everything you see on that quad is what you get.

Here are some others I've done.

17475_519539108460_115900044_30830221_5612235_n.jpg

17475_519539113450_115900044_30830222_5538183_n.jpg

Guy wanted plaid and no sponsors or graphics.

17475_519539118440_115900044_30830223_4730654_n.jpg

Thats a great price! 

I will definitely get with you if I decide to switch them out. 

Those look great!

Nice work.

Custom is what most people want in the end.

Paco

Guest manwayvan

Great work as usual mader..Hopefully one of these days I will get to that level..I have all the programs now it is just making them work nicely. Does it have something to do with owning a Mac?lol keep up the great work

Very nice.  I agree with CRD, most people want custom.  My son is crazy when it comes to bike graphics.  Very nitpicky.  He will make our guy change things 4 or 5 times and wants to see the preview each time, then he will finally give the ok to print.  Once we get is 2010's, I will post them.  The poor guy sure earns his money when working with my son........

Sarconastic - yes I have the templates to those bikes.

Thanks manwayvan - not sure if it's the mac lol I'd like to think I could do it on a Winblows machine lol.

I know most want custom, but some will like the "premade one". But I agree the custom graphics usually fit the rider better. Of course with the premade graphics I will include their sponsors, names and numbers.

RPM - with customers, I will make the graphics as close as described by the customer. If they need "minor" changes then I will go ahead and make a quick fix. But I won't sit and make 4 - 5 sets for someone without some sort of deposit. That time I'm wasting on 5 kits could be used to tell another. I have around 8 emails a day so far for requests. I can usually knock them out pretty quick. Unless I have to custom remake a sponsors graphics (local shops or stores that don't have a big name logo).

Guest manwayvan

Lol dont say that I about got my wife talked into lettin me buy a new laptop

manwayvan - mac or pc?

Sold another graphics kit. Getting these out and onto quads is really the only way people "buy" them. When they are just mock ups it seems no one wants to "buy in" until they see a finished bike. After posting a few up orders have been coming in like crazy.

Also watched my sponsored riding crash hard last night and rip his rear tail piece off. Guess I'm printing another one for him lol.

where did you buy the templates for the dif style quads? i have a friend who wants some stuff done on a few of his quads.

Guest manwayvan

Hey mader I'm looking into the Air but I def need something that will handle graphics alot better than my compaq. It just doesnt have the ram to handle some of these programs

JeremySI - all the quads templates are made by me. I have a few pictures showing the templates in progress. Def takes some take to get them perfect.

manwayvan - I would look into buying a Macbook Pro. It's graphics card(s) are going to be better as well as the cpu. You may want to wait though, rumors has it that the new Macbook Pro's are going to have the new i7's and i5's cpu's.

Guest manwayvan

Thanks for the heads up. Is there one that has a Maderize button?

Outlines/templates is the key to this business Mader does.

And there are so many different possibilities out there.  ;D

It takes more time to measure and create them then create a nice graphic on it.

If he likes to share templates it would be wise to ask some money for it.

Or if you have done yourselve, some template exchange/sharing is an idea you might look into.

Or just order a blank set at his shop and copy them. ;D

For modelcars I share outlines between other designers who are doing the same stuff.

Yes sometimes sharing business makes business without hurting each others business.  ;D

Paco

That is some sick work there!  :DB):D

I want to do my own customs for my banshee and the other toys!!!

If I may ask a few questions...

What printer are you using?

vinyl, kind and from?

what are you using as a top clear layer?

Thanks for the inspiration bro!