Sign in to follow this  
MaderDesign

New MX/Quad Graphics

Hi,

I was wondering I I could get some tips on how to make stickers like the ones you make. I tried putting a number on the front of my quad with regular vinyl and the vinyl wrinks reall easy and its really difficult to put on. Im using the ebay vinyl (3 mil intermediate 6 year)

What printer would I need to create graphics like those?

What material would I need?

Thanks!

Regular vinyl will not work on the atv/mx plastics. They have a mold release that needs to be heated up and wiped off with Isopropyl alcohol and needs a high adhesion vinyl. Convex is the only stuff that holds up. It's not cheap either. It's about $200 for a 54" x 10 yard roll or $779.00 for the 50 yard roll. Then you need the laminate, there are different laminates, 4 mil, 7mil, 8 mil, 12 mil. 54" x 50 yards is $998.00. I just went through a whole roll and had to order more today.

So the total thickness ranges from 8 mil to 18 mil.

You have to have your profiles set up properly as well. We wasted about 2 ft testing profiles and getting it dialed in for the vinyl.

Guest manwayvan

Great work Mader. Would you happen to have an iphone 2g/3g template you wouldnt mind sharing? I have tried scanning one and I cant seem to get my scanner settings good enough to not shadow so that I can outline it to scale. Been trying to make myself a skin for my iphone to test out my workforce 30 and contouring.

Guest manwayvan

hey bowhunter he is getting them printed elsewhere since the copam isnt able to print.

those are great. I would like to buy a printer. but have no idea what to use as far as material. Are you laminating. what thicknes of material are you using, and what kind.

MADER...MADER...MADER....those are crazy awsome!!!! :lol:  I am bowing down to you  :o

I have the convex...I have the thick laminate...I DEFINATELY have the clientel...I just need tamplates!!!  I live in WA and between 6 of us neighbors we own over 40 acres of RACE TRACK.  Last year I was asked if I could do kits for the bikes and I thought I could with just my good ol' MH871... ;):D...now that I have a ROLAND I think I can do them but have NO CLUE as to Profiles, measurements (Im a girl, what the heck do I know about the differences between a CRX and a yamaha 250 are). I have a Honda 50 for my we little ones, a 250 Yamaha for the man cakes (that I mostly ride) and the hubby is ACHING for me to put some graphics on his ride.

Where do I EVEN begin....knowbody likes to give away their reciepe of templates for this stuff and rightfully so, it's giving money away, but can you guide me as to where to start?  The riders around here are willing to pay $$$ for this stuff and with me being right next door it gives them TOTAL access to what they LOVE  :D  My honey wants to know of you sell your templates? if so...how much are you asking?

BTW...you live in OH...I live in Seattle, I promise I won't come over there and steal any of your business! :D

Thansk in advance.......BTW...still bowing down to you-------you inspire me!

DAZZEL

Also, I see you are using a WACOM....do you mainly use that for freestyle drawing on your computer and to do these kinds of graphics and such?  I had a WACOM for my Mac back in the day when MACS were the BOMB....but now I am a PC Gal and am thinking of buying another one, is wacom still the leader for these drawing tablets in your opinion?

Do you have a template for a Warrior? I PMed ya..

Want to lay out some die cut graphics on my 2 2000's.

I'm in Ohio, but believe me, my work isn't near your quality. lol