Sign in to follow this  
dill

pcut stopped cutting

My pcut Has stopped cutting. When I press cut and the cutting screen appears, the frame arounud the graphic changes color ( I think from red to blue, or visa versa) and a small dotted line appears diagonally across it. When i press "cut tile" , the carrage of the cutter moves back and forth and stops Whats happening?:huh:

Thanks in advance

Don

From the cut screen select setup, then comm settings. Check your baud rate, then on your cutter make sure your baud rate is the same. One last thing We have had the same problem from time to time ( if all settings are correct) We would select finish the go back to the cut screen then it normally will start working.

I guess I should have asked, are you using Sign Blazer?

Yup. It's communicating with the pcut cause the head moves. It some kind of setting in signblazer thats keeping it from cutting. As I stated in my orional post, when I'm at the cut screen and push cut, the color of the boarder around the graphic changes and a thin doted line appears diagonally across it.

Thanks

Don

Is the carriage hitting either of the red buttons on the cutter? If so, it will lock up when it does.

No, I beleive that this is a software problem. Again, when I'm on the cuter screen and have the picture of the graphic shown going into the cutter, when I go to cut tile the color of the border of the graphic changes and a small diagoall dotted line appears across the graphic. The curer head moves back and forth once (which seems to tell me their is communication between cutter and computer). I was trying to print several of the same graphic across  a 24" wide sheet at the time.

Thanks

Don

Right, the software is designed to show the path of the cutter head while cutting. If the path is being made, but the carriage only moves a little, then something must be wrong with the hardware on the cutter, or the communication between the computer and the cutter. Have you tried another connection cable yet?

That fixed it. I noticed what I was seeing is what shows as irs cutting.

Thanks to all