Sign in to follow this  
sjane_xoxo

COMM PORTS?

Hey,

I just got a new cutter (why i dont know cos my one works fine-argh!!) and anywasy its a pcut and when i install it it comes up in the device driver as a creation board in the USB list. when i go into SB i can get it to match to anything.the troubleshooting tells me to use it as a comm port but i have no idea how to change this.its making me a lil frustrated!any help would be great,

thank you!!!

Sara-Jane

i looked there but it still doesnt tell me how to make it from usb to comm port.

the instructions with the cutter werent to clear...

I was reading your previous posts..  you have another vinyl cutter you are stating.  are you connecting THIS cutter to the same computer as you are running the other cutter?  

Did you install the drivers first?

yes installed the drivers and did everything as the manual told me and when i get past all the installation it shows that the cutter comes up as a creation usb board in the usb lists but then in the troubleshooting it says it needs to run as a comm port. but my problem is i can not change it to the comm port so SBE wont cut.my other cutter was just a generic cheap one we were given (brand is Rohs) and now i have this pcut i was hoping it would be easier but so far i have tried a fe months ago and given up and now i really want to get it going.i am so thnakful for all help given!

i tried that,and every other usb.i have no idea!i think ill head home and try again tomorrow when i get into work.thanks for your help!