Sign in to follow this  
wiregems

Help!!! Everything moving backwards!

I'm really enjoying my new 630 but I can't figure out why it's cutting "backwards."  In other words, if I'm standing facing the cutter and send a job from FlexiPro, the carriage begins by moving to the right of it's original position instead of the left.  In the General tab in Production Manager, the image is in the lower right corner of the material screen.  If I move the image to the LEFT in Flexi Production Manager to reposition it on the vinyl, the knife moves farther to the RIGHT to start cutting, instead of to the left like I moved the image in Production Manager.  So it's moving backwards to the movement of the Flexi image. 

Given that the knife carriage moves to the right from the origination point when starting a job, I would expect that at the end of the job, the carriage would advance to the right of the job in preparation for the next job, but it does just the opposite and moves to the left. 

Also, when when the job is finished, instead of advancing the vinyl forward, it pulls it backwards. 

Also, any image in Flexi Production Manager is mirrored when the job is sent to the cutter.  If I'm cutting a picture of a horse's head that is facing right in the Flexi Production Manager screen, the cutter reverses it so it is facing left.  I'm not doing anything in the software to make it flip, it just does it on it's own.

I received two CDs with my cutter, SignBlazer and PLTDraw.  I never went through a setup wizard or Plug n Play.  I connected my cutter with the serial cable to Com1 and the cutter immediately worked, albeit backwards.  I looked at the two CDs and don't see a setup program other than for the design softwares, neither of which I am using.  Is this a setting on the machine I am missing or a setting in Flexi I haven't found?

Also, is there any way to keep the knife from advancing sideways and forward (or in my case, backward) at all, once the job is finished?

Sure would appreciate your help!

Carolyn

Does it do the same thing with the software that came with it? If not, then it is a problem or setting in Flexi. If so, then it could be a hardware issue with the cutter itself.

I installed the demo version of SB and the machine seemed to cut with the orientation directed by the software, so I guess it's a Flexi problem.  I'll go back to the Flexi section of this forum and continue me begging for info.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Also, any image in Flexi Production Manager is mirrored when the job is sent to the cutter.  If I'm cutting a picture of a horse's head that is facing right in the Flexi Production Manager screen, the cutter reverses it so it is facing left.  I'm not doing anything in the software to make it flip, it just does it on it's own.

I am having the same issue and can not find a fix to it!!  I am sending the correct file to the pcut 1200 cuttter from flexi and it is cutting everything backwards.

Have you had any luck on how to fix this??

It is driving me mad

Your help is appreciated

Lucas

What version Of Flexisign with what operating system?  Does the Flexisign have a USB dongle and password? 

check the motherboard, mind did that and it turned out to be the connection clip was installed backwards, this caused the signal to the motors to be mirrored.