Sign in to follow this  
JLDesigns

The Flip recorder

Looking for feedback....does anyone own a Flip Video recorder?  I'm looking into purchasing one and trying to get some feedback..just curious what you think of them and do you actually use it and so on, are you happy with the results?!

Don't own one, but have used one on several occasions to make web clips for work, and they are just that, a cheap camera thats simple, and really hardly any picture settings that takes acceptable web quality video.  If you are wanting it for any reason besides posting low quality vids on the web I would steer away.

Thanks for your input....I guess I'm just looking for something to 'have'.  I own a video camera which is probably outdated now, but even when new I  never used it.  To much work I guess.  I'm in the market for a digital camera also so I thought maybe this may be the way to go.  Also looking into the Creative Vado which has more memory and quite a bit cheaper.  I have a creative zen mp3 player and love it! (more so then and ipod)

If you are in the market for a camera, just find a nie point and shoot in the store that does video as well, it will give you the same quality or pretty close to the same as the flip, just check the resolution on the video and make sure its going to be able to do what you want, might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Camera wise.

Go with Nikon, Canon, or Olympus. Mega pixels do not matter as much anymore. Most are 7 or higher.

Any of these brands with a wicked image you can get under $200

Olympus has the waterproof ones which work awesome. They take video too.

We used ours in Cuba to take pictures of fish and coral.

Guest sciondrgn

For all the Mini Pocket HD Cameras I like the Kodak Zi8 the best.. It's gotten great reviews and not to mention re-loadable media.. Just get you some SD cards and your set. The Flip your stuck with the internal memory.

Also the Zi8 you can hook up some nice external mics to them, only draw back though is the stock mic is mono but it will work in stereo for an external plug in mic.

I love my flip. Got it on ebay for 82 bucks and we have had alot of fun with it. Great for youtube and facebook. Shoots at 30fps which is very good.

no image stabilization

zoom is basically useless

limited memory

But for under a 100 bucks I am very pleased with it.

Guest sciondrgn

Picked up my Kodak Zi8 last night and so far I'm really impressed with the quality of the unit itself.. The On screen menu could be a little nicer looking but it's simple in its design and not to fancy, Not very many options but does have Image Stabilization which most mini hd cams dont. But I love the recording options, 720p @ 30 FPS, 720P @ 60 FPS and 1080p @ 30 fps

I bought a JVC Averio HD Digital camcorder, and I use it for about everything now. It's wide screen, very good quality with a 30GB internal Harddrive. Not tapes or cards needed. You can use and SD card to dump pictures to and load in your PC. I love this thing. I bought i mainly to record my band shows but I use it now for tons of other stuff. And the price has come down dramatically since I bought mine. The audio quality was another thing I was impressed with the stereo mikes in it pick up things amazingly well.

Kevin

Guest sciondrgn

I bought a JVC Averio HD Digital camcorder, and I use it for about everything now. It's wide screen, very good quality with a 30GB internal Harddrive. Not tapes or cards needed. You can use and SD card to dump pictures to and load in your PC. I love this thing. I bought i mainly to record my band shows but I use it now for tons of other stuff. And the price has come down dramatically since I bought mine. The audio quality was another thing I was impressed with the stereo mikes in it pick up things amazingly well.

Kevin

I have an Everio as well ;D I love mine. I have a blue 30gb

I recently used an inexpensive (less than $50) SAKAR to capture BIGFOOT ON TAPE.......

Oh..myyyy.