Sign in to follow this  
jeremySI

Some tuning issues with my ce5000-120

well i am trying to get it all setup and fine tune it. i made a square in flexi and cut it out and tweak the offset until the corners were nice and good. then i went to cut out an image and the points where it starts and stops dont seem to be meeting up very well and it is making it pull up the vinyl in some parts. also for some reason when it started cutting to the left it is like the blade pressure kept going down and eventually the image just disappears and you can only see a faint mark of where the blade hit it.

only thing that comes to mind is the blade holder goes under the metal clip to keep it from rising. once I didn't get the clip over the ridge on the holder and had a problem like that.

did  you download plotter controller - so you can change the pressure and other settings on the computer instead of going thru all the settings on the cutter??

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/

I am pretty sure the off set should be set to zero and the getting faint cut line is a safety feature on the cutter to prevent it from cutting off the vinyl.  If you have a image that is larger than what you want to cut and hit cut it will start to cut it but when it reaches the point that it is out of the cutting area it will do that.  If that makes sense to you.

Try a smaller image or a bigger piece of vinyl and I think you will see it doesn't do that...

well it looks like i found out the problem, i tried cutting something just farther to the left and it wasnt cutting. i took out the vinyl and put the cutting head all the way to the right and while pushing the blade holder down i moved the unit to the left and noticed that as it went along the distance between the blade and the cutting pad increased. so it looks like the piece that the teflon pad goes on might be warped some?  :'(  i contacted graphtec support, hopefully i can buy that piece by itself

hmmm nevermind i think i got it now, i think i was relying too much on force to adjust the cutting depth than blade height. so i dialed the force down a lot and did more blade adjustment to get it right and it just cut out a long rectangle fine.

the cutter blade comes down and like pounces once and then moves to its starting point when cutting something, this is leaving a small jagged area on my cut, anyone know how to just make it go to its start point and start. dont know if you guys know what im talkin bout

I know what your talking about,  mine makes that little step down also, before it starts cutting.  but it does no damage at all,  can't even see it.  and my blade is barely out. I use mostly force between 13-15 depending on which vinyl brand. mine is the FC7000 model  AND I make all my adjustments on the  Graphtec cutting controller from my computer..  I don't make any adjustments on the cutter it's self.  All changes are made from the cutting controller,  very ez..  force.  speed.. quality... offset.   adjust,, click   I run my quality at 3 and offset at 0.