Sign in to follow this  
john!

Health Insurance, Any Good Ones?

Hey, I have recently been looking for health insurance and keep getting denied. I honestly have never had a health issue so it's weird that i am getting denied but i guess that's how the ball rolls sometimes. That was through blue cross blue shield care first.

I'm currently 22 and would like to get it just in case something occurs, Anyone know a good company with decent rates?

Thanks!

I can't imagine why they are denying you..unless they checked your credit report and found you weren't rich enough to pay their premiums. The last check I did..just on myself...if I had been in excellent health...premiumes would have been $851 a month.

I know that a lot of companies now check your credit report even when it shouldn't matter. I know that a lot of car insurance companies do.

I can't imagine why they are denying you..unless they checked your credit report and found you weren't rich enough to pay their premiums. The last check I did..just on myself...if I had been in excellent health...premiumes would have been $851 a month.

I know that a lot of companies now check your credit report even when it shouldn't matter. I know that a lot of car insurance companies do.

I have a perfect credit score, no problems there. I make good money for my age so i really don't know what else they want.

I was on my girlfriends policy then she changed jobs and had to change healthcare and it couldn't have me on it.

Could be anything. I think you have a right to know why,and I would certainly ask them.

We apologize for the inconvenience; however, we are not presently accepting new members for the Cinergy Health Preferred Plans. Please click here to leave us your contact information and an agent will call you within the next two weeks with information about our new Cinergy Health Preferred Plans.

If you are interested in our Critical Illness insurance, which provides a lump sum payment of up to $25,000 upon diagnosis of a range of serious medical conditions, please click here.

We look forward to serving you.

lol that's funny. My 'serious illness' cost me that much the first day and a half out of 10. Bottom line, $15,700 per day JUST for the hospital. That didn't count every doctor I saw (and there were a bunch) and a lot of doctors I didn't see.I think one charged $600 just to look at my test results.

We apologize for the inconvenience; however, we are not presently accepting new members for the Cinergy Health Preferred Plans. Please click here to leave us your contact information and an agent will call you within the next two weeks with information about our new Cinergy Health Preferred Plans.

If you are interested in our Critical Illness insurance, which provides a lump sum payment of up to $25,000 upon diagnosis of a range of serious medical conditions, please click here.

We look forward to serving you.

glad I have mine..

Insurance companies; insure hospitals against their doctors and the patients, then insure the doctors against themselves (malpractice ... thats kinda funny right there aint it ). then insure us against getting sick. Sure wish I could get paid for the same job 3 times  :thumbsup:  ..... or should we call it goverment endorsed legalised gambling :thumbsup:

I just want to say wow!

You guys (Americans) pay that much a month for insurance? How many of you don't even have health insurance?

I couldn't even fathom having to worry about whether or not to go to the doctors for treatment.

Quick question, for anyone that doesn't have Health Insurance, or doesn't have it through their work.

If there was a National Vote across America, would you vote against having socialized healthcare?

What if there was an option like Alberta has, where you can have Social or Private?

The state just announced that anyone that cannot retire before October wiill lose their vision and dental insurance - we are waiting on the final draft to see if this is just when we retire or if it is for everyone immediately.  something you have counted on for 25 years gone in the stroke of a pen

I just want to say wow!

You guys (Americans) pay that much a month for insurance? How many of you don't even have health insurance?

I couldn't even fathom having to worry about whether or not to go to the doctors for treatment.

Quick question, for anyone that doesn't have Health Insurance, or doesn't have it through their work.

If there was a National Vote across America, would you vote against having socialized healthcare?

What if there was an option like Alberta has, where you can have Social or Private?

well, in the US,unlike other industrialized nations, healthcare is considered a commodity to be sold for profit. ..just liek Big Screen TVs and Luxury boats.That's why we have so many millionaire doctors.And so many huge medical corporations with big profit margins.

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous these days that everything has to be covered by insurance. It should be that you pay a certain amount for any kind of insurance. Car Insurance is such a rip off, especially for anyone under 25. I payed 400 a month here when I started driving, and that amount for 3 yrs straight.

With the doctors making millions of dollars, no wonder all our doctors move down there! I think the majority of ours are capped at around 100k, but don't quote me on that.

There are drawbacks to both types. I just feel fortunate I don't have to worry about it. Dental and Eye care is not covered under ours though.

Sorry to hijack

Good Luck with your search guest.

the way I look at it is this,fargo..if a doctor is in it for the money instead of the love of it, he is in the wrong business. I am old enough to remember when doctors came to your house,and if you didn't have any money, they treated you anyway. To them, it was a 'calling' not a fast track job to early retirement.

In medical school these days, there are more business courses than courses in bedside manner.

All the family doctors are like that here. The more patients they see the more money they make from OHIP. So each person gets about 5 min with their family doctor, and is rushed out. I have no trust in modern day doctors, due to what I've seen in my own family.

well, 5 minutes with my doctor is $55. Then he wanted to do blood work..another $140. No insurance....almost a weeks' pay gone in 15 minutes. I wish I made that kind of money.

A while ago I got posion ivy so I went to a Walk-In Medical Care Center. They did the typical blood pressure and stuff, gave me a shot and perscription .... $72. A months later same thing posion ivy. This time I go to the hospital 6 miles up the road, exact same things as the walk-in did .....$275.

Typical Screw 'em when ya can Racket  :angry:

a bottle of calamine lotion would have probably fixed you up at about $3

Then he wanted to do blood work..another $140.

Here it's $120.  The insurance company pays a negotiated rate of $17 for it.  Pretty nice markup there.

My BP meds were costing me an insurance copay of $10 a month at CVS.  I have no idea how much more the insurance company was paying.  Found out that I could get the same exact drug WITHOUT the insurance claim for $4 a month, or $10 for three months at Target.  Last time I will ever use a CSV Pharmacy.

I take a printed list of the $4 generics at Walmart with me when I go to the doctor. I tell him if it isn't on there, don't write it.

Well, I'll put in my 2 cents worth.  Having a daughter with Cystic Fibrosis has been very challenging.  I thank god for the insurance when we had it, however she met her 2 million max when she was 4 at that time they dropped her and we had to go on a State plan, which mind you does not cover everything.  This has left us financially stressed.  More than most can imagine.  She needs a lung transplant.  Right now the Doctors and the State Insurance are "Negotiating the Price"for over a month now.........NEGOTIATING THE PRICE??!!?!?!?  WTF!! This isn't a flat tire....it's someones life and all the people in this world she has touched.

One part of the Problem is....Our current system gives Doctors the opportunity to NEGOTIATE with insurance companies....free market society,  I'm all for a country wide health plan.  People in this country make to much money, athlete's, Doctors, Lawyers etc...therefor the prices of goods rise too, making the "financially stressed" family's that much more "stressed".  We just seem as a country to let it happen, there needs to be some kind of regulation.....but who??? our government can't do it, they are to busy bickering back and forth instead of paying attention to the people.

I'm sorry for rambling....Just a bit upset about the whole insurance and government...Oh...and the rich people!

Good luck in your search I can't even give you anyone I think would be Worthy enough to pass on.......                       

IT's a sorry state when the Government or anyone else can put a price on a human life.

Well, I'll put in my 2 cents worth.  Having a daughter with Cystic Fibrosis has been very challenging.  I thank god for the insurance when we had it, however she met her 2 million max when she was 4 at that time they dropped her and we had to go on a State plan, which mind you does not cover everything.  This has left us financially stressed.  More than most can imagine.  She needs a lung transplant.  Right now the Doctors and the State Insurance are "Negotiating the Price"for over a month now.........NEGOTIATING THE PRICE??!!?!?!?  WTF!! This isn't a flat tire....it's someones life and all the people in this world she has touched.

One part of the Problem is....Our current system gives Doctors the opportunity to NEGOTIATE with insurance companies....free market society,  I'm all for a country wide health plan.  People in this country make to much money, athlete's, Doctors, Lawyers etc...therefor the prices of goods rise too, making the "financially stressed" family's that much more "stressed".  We just seem as a country to let it happen, there needs to be some kind of regulation.....but who??? our government can't do it, they are to busy bickering back and forth instead of paying attention to the people.

I'm sorry for rambling....Just a bit upset about the whole insurance and government...Oh...and the rich people!

Good luck in your search I can't even give you anyone I think would be Worthy enough to pass on.......                         

problem is many people until it is their family member put in this position doesn't see the need for health care reform.  Again the number 1 reason for bankruptcy in the us is medical cost.  for those of you old enough think what you was paying for health care 20-25 years ago and compare to now. . .now take that a step further and think what your kids will be paying in another 25 years.  They won't be able to afford to have their teeth fixed much less and emergency room visit!