Sign in to follow this  
gasper44

Craft Robo 330L-20 Easy Question (width of vinyl help)

I see that the specs on this unit say max width 8.5in, granted I know it will not cut this way, but I have rolls of 9in wide vinyl, and it will fit in the machine from the looks of it, would there be any reason why I can't just use this, having to cut a half inch of everything off the edge before cutting would be kind of annoying.

Any help?

I used 9 inch in mine way back when I had it. Specialty graphics ships the craft robo with a roll of 9 inch,and from their description:

Uses standard A4 media (8.5" x 11") but can handle media sizes up to 11" x 39.7". The maximum cutting area is 8" wide x 39" length.

That's what I figured, I will give it a try and report back if it works, that way this question can help with others in the future with the same curiosity.  Thanks for fast reply  :thumbsup:

Works just tried it, but 2 issues arose!

In the Cutting Maser 2 program I have no copy portion under the Position options.  So I have to cut out one decal at a time...annoying.  Is there a fix to this?  I can easily fit multipes, but it doesn't show the copy option at all like it does on graphtec's video on their site.  I am running the newest version 1.6.

2nd issue, my decal I designed, well, a few of the letters overlap, and I see cut lines because of this on the finished product, how do I fix that and make it all one?

It's been so long since I used that software I can't help you on that. The overlaped lines would be easy to fix in regular software such as Flexi or SB..you just 'weld'. See if there is a weld option somewhere in the software.

Well I figured out the copy part, its only in software bundled with models a bit larger than robo.  However I am using illustrator, I was able to do it on one image, but now forgot how I did it after attempting so many things. Using CS4. 

It was something between either outline stroke, highlighting and right clicking followed by draw outlines, and or pathfinder tool and merge button (unsure how this is supposed to be used correctly)

Thanks for the help thus far  :thumbsup:

BannerJohn, Do you kmow how to turn on the weeding box on the craft robo.Thanks,Dirtracer.

With my CC200 neither the Cutting Master II nor RoboCut offer a weeding line option. Does something in your software?