Sign in to follow this  
Ben_fink

question about tool holder.

First I am new bee.  My cutter is an MH-721 cutter / plotter. 

If I understand correctly you only install one tool (pen or blade) at a time.  The tool holder has two positions for a blade or pen to be installed, directly below one position there is a strip of something like felt, and below the other position looks like a strip of plastic.  I have no idea what tool to put where.  :angel:

Can anyone advise me?

Place the blade holder in the back hole over the plastic strip - the front one is used to cut all the way thru material from what I have been told

Hi Ben,

I don't own or run a MH-721, but you definitely only use either the pen or the blade, never both at once. I think it goes in the back hole on the tool holder.  Try it with the pen only until you get used too running the machine then use the blade, that way you can't do any damage.

Joe

Great place to get practice vinyl is from Stickerman5000 on ebay.  he sells roll cut offs usually fdc and some great prices!

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies.  Now all I have to do is get a handle on makeing the computer and cutter work together, and no fighting between themselves.  :thumbsup: