Sign in to follow this  
jeremySI

Cutting out different direction than in Flexi- CE5000-120

I am sure this is probably such a simple fix. this is the first time i am cutting in flexi as i didnt use it with my refine. but say i have the design running horizontal and send it to the cutter it cuts out running vertical. am i missing some easy setting in flexi or perhaps on the cutter?

also im kinda used to how the refine cuts from right to left, if there a setting to change the graphtec to do that or is it just something i will have to get used to. already disabled that stupid media width sensor thing, def wasnt liking that. the cutter head does run the whole length of the plotter everytime i start it up and select roll 1 and then i have to bring it back, im guessing since i disabled the width sensor it is defaulting to 48" or something? anyone know of a way to stop that.

Jeremy,

I don't own a Graphtec, but it will defiantly be able to Rotate the graphic. I would suggest loading the vinyl and testing with the blade removed, that way you're not wasting any material.  It will be in the Graphtec  setup, not Flexi.

Joe 

I am sure this is probably such a simple fix. this is the first time i am cutting in flexi as i didnt use it with my refine. but say i have the design running horizontal and send it to the cutter it cuts out running vertical. am i missing some easy setting in flexi or perhaps on the cutter?

also im kinda used to how the refine cuts from right to left, if there a setting to change the graphtec to do that or is it just something i will have to get used to. already disabled that stupid media width sensor thing, def wasnt liking that. the cutter head does run the whole length of the plotter everytime i start it up and select roll 1 and then i have to bring it back, im guessing since i disabled the width sensor it is defaulting to 48" or something? anyone know of a way to stop that.

Don't know what you have as far as Flexi,   I have Flexistarter. 8.5 and 8.6   to change the direction sending cuts,  on the cutting layout screen   CUT/PLOT    at lower left  there is a little man on a button,  .you can change 4 different directions,   at top of MAIN  screen is HELP....HELP TOPICS.  that is your instructions for Flexi.   If you do not have a user manual for the Graphtec.  you can do a search online for one.  

i have flexipro 8.1, when i rotate the image it does rotate but still cuts out the opposite way lol.

say i have text on the screen going just normal left to right it cuts it going vertical, if i rotate it to be going vertical it cuts out reading from left to right. im guessing it is a cutter option or something, ill have to see if i see anything in the manual.

Guest fivestar

Jeremy do you have Illy or Corel Draw?  If so go to graphtec's website and download their plugin for them (cutting master II is the name I believe) and try using that to see what is does.

i have both, CMx2 wouldnt install for me, dunno if it is a windows 7 prob or not.

i figured out that prob though, i had the rotate option set to ON on the cutter itself. that is right it was cutting from the left as well. now i just gotta get the blade dialed in since it is pulling up vinyl on small letters. what is the offset of the .9mm blades? im guessing i should set the offset on the cutter and flexi to 0?

Guest fivestar

My offset is set to 0 on cutter and can't remember on flexi.

hmm ill have to see if i can find it on the net, points are def cutting messed up due to the offset, overcutting and pulling up. cant wait to get this thing running 100%. blade also seems to have to be out a good bit further than on the refine, same with anyone else? im also thinking of getting a 60 degree clean cut blade, maybe that will help some as well when i get everything dialed in.

Guest fivestar

Now that I think about it........I have Flexi's offset turned off I believe......Do some test cuts directly from the cutter until you get the results you're looking for and leave Flexi's offset turned off.

Jeremy, on my graphtecs you can hardly see the blade (especially without my glasses)

Jeremy, on my graphtecs you can hardly see the blade (especially without my glasses)

hmmm weird, i have to ramp the force up almost to max setting to get it to cut with the blade hardly exposed

Guest fivestar

hmmm weird, i have to ramp the force up almost to max setting to get it to cut with the blade hardly exposed

Yes my blade sticks out farther with my Graphtec then a roland blade does.

oh well as long as you are cutting at the correct depth i guess it doesnt matter if the blade is all the way out. i will mess with the offset later, after that is set i should be smooth sailing. wanna get a 60degree though as those are better for small detail correct? also i believe 30 is good for like window tint and stuff?

I've used the 60 cleancut for everything.  I had 1 that I had slightly dulled on the cutter strip when I first got the cutter and used the wrong driver so that one I use in a cheap second blade holder I got off ebay for doing reflective as they require much more force and the blade wasn't taht bad, just not good enough for the weeding competition we was doing at the time.

The cheap holders really worked great and I can just change holders when doing reflectives of metallics and not mess up a blade I use for fine work

yea thats what it is right now. ill just go off that and keep changing it til it is good, i forget if it overcuts is it lower or higher that you should make the offset?