BannerJohn

US Cutter Grommet Press

- I have subscribed this thread for further referance.

Regards

Hmmm , it is seldom I read 3 posts in a row from members that all have 2 posts & all use " regards " . I also use " regards "  :thumbsup:

- I have subscribed this thread for further referance.

Regards

Hmmm , it is seldom I read 3 posts in a row from members that all have 2 posts & all use " regards " . I also use " regards "  :thumbsup:

]

spammers..setting us up for a spam storm. There are at least 3 that I have found so far. Check out their signatures.

Hey John ,

The signature lines cracked me up .. the augumentation stuff made me think of the " bitty " video . I have to thank you because I had never seen that before ... now I'll never forget ! I get many chuckles thinking about that video  :thumbsup:

Hey BJ, is this still available? Link is wrong, or the product is gone :unsure:

Ok so my old Fasnap press is worn out.. was going to cost me $175 to replace the dies so I decided to tryout the Big Mouth Blue Grommet Press. Bought it and a 1000 pk of grometts for $98 bucks.

Man! If I knew it performed that well, I would have gotten the Big Mouth Grommet Press in the first place! Thanks UC!, Dave

I have had the frogger for a long time and it still works as new...I did buy a set of the larger dies and love them!

I like my Big Blue as well. Lately I have been having issues with my grommets. They are rusting. Has anyone tried grommets by another manufacturer with their Big Blue? I picked up a few from the local hardware store to try them out, but they don't press well.

Even as damp as my shop is, I've never had any to rust. The Frogger and Big Blue presses use specific grommets. I'm not sure that you can get regular grommets anywhere else that will work with them.

The ones I got were rusty out of the bag. US Cutter is working on figuring that out, but in the meantime, I have some projects that I need to add grommets to. I just thought I'd see if anyone had used anything else, since I am kind of at a stand still.

Rusty out of the bag, you should have gotten a new bag or a refund. No excuses.

Yes they were rusty out of the bag. This was the second bag, the replacement bag. I am not worried about it, US Cutter is on top of the situation. I am very happy with how they are handling it, but in the meantime, I need some grommets that fit into my Big Blue.

Frogger, did they every replace those grommets for you?

Since this thread is a sticky, I wanted to bump it up again. John, all the links that were on here for the grommet press don't work anymore. Can you show us which press you were originally talking about? (Hope you're still here!).

I have a lot more questions, but I'll do a few hours of searching 1st before I p off any of the old-timers ;) !!!

FH

Since this thread is a sticky, I wanted to bump it up again. John, all the links that were on here for the grommet press don't work anymore. Can you show us which press you were originally talking about? (Hope you're still here!).

I have a lot more questions, but I'll do a few hours of searching 1st before I p off any of the old-timers ;) !!!

FH

I think john had linked to the frogger green that usc doesn't  have on the site anymore .  if you want one I can ship out mine for $18 + actual shipping  ( 12x12x10   13lbs priority mail)- they  are quite heavy and you will need to order grommets from usc available here 

http://www.uscutter.com/4-Grommets-for-the-Frogger-Green-Baby-Blue-grommet-press

post-2742-0-29772900-1427283343_thumb.jp

BAHAHAHAHA :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't want to do a smiley...just see what you would say ;) !!!

How used is it??

Just checked the USC shipping if I were to ship the Big Mouth here. They say it'll cost me $75

I know a Large Flat Rate box only cost $16 to ship here (or around that). Will it fit in a flat rate box?

used it a couple years - I just upgraded to a baby blue - the frogger works great you just have to apply the grommets from the back of the banner as they decided to place the dies in opposite of most presses.  I first upgraded to the big mouth press and was pretty disappointed that one of the die sets didn't liine up right even after a couple replacement dies - so went back down to the baby blue mainly to apply grommets to the front of my printed banners.  they are cast metal so not much to go wrong with them

• Like 2

dakotagrafx, thanks a lot, but I think I'll pass. I'll save up for a Baby Blue like you have :)

I DO like the idea of doing the grommets from the front. I've done them in light carpet with a hammer, don't think I'd like doing it "backwards".

Appreciate the offer though :) !!!

FH

• Like 2

It's not as bad as it sounds. I've been using a frogger since right after Bannerjohn recommended it and it's still going strong.

• Like 4