BannerJohn

US Cutter Grommet Press

Alright cool, Now it goes through hem tape with no problem too right?

i wouldnt see this thing having a problem going through any banner.

mine has been sitting since i got it last week, i decided to give it a trial run. no banners here, so i decided that my mechanics gloves in the shop are always getting lost in the file box, so ill hang them up.

i was very skeptical as to weather the grommets would be able to cut through on there own, but i gave it a shot to see how theyd do.

easily went through a layer of velcro (the fuzzy part) and about a 3/32" of fiber reinforced rubber on the tabs of the gloves.

im a believer now.

Its not the coroplast that looks crushed its the grommet.

Sort of like the grommet was hammered in with no dies.

mine don't look like that and I do a lot of coroplast.

Alright cool, Now it goes through hem tape with no problem too right?

Yes i do many everyday. No problem with hem tape and 14oz banner

i lust pick mine up and let me tell you i vant believe this only cost me 44.00 to the door. this is our first press and i couldnt see that anyother one could be built better. i tried it on some cardboard and it cut right throught no problems. this will make thigs alot faster.

i lust pick mine up and let me tell you i vant believe this only cost me 44.00 to the door. this is our first press and i couldnt see that anyother one could be built better. i tried it on some cardboard and it cut right throught no problems. this will make thigs alot faster.

as I said..it's the best deal for the money I've ever seen.

Hi John, I could not find the press at the link you had provided in the post at beginning of this topic,

I think US Cutter put it on a new page, is this the Press you are recommending? :thumbsup:

http://www.uscutter.com/Grommet-Press-Set--Grommet-Press-plus-1000-Grommets_p_1137.html

Thanks! :huh:

-Sue

yes that's the one. I fixed the link..apparently they changed their web address.

Has anyone been watching these on eBay? 

USCutter has them for sale ending about every 24 hours.  I've seen them go as high as $61.  You can order them directly from USCutter for less, even after paying for shipping. 

Steve

there are a lot of stupid people out there. I see stuff go higher on ebay than you can buy elsewhere all the time.

Would this press work with other dies?  Im looking for a snap press.  I can buy snap dies at the snap store but want to know if they will fit in this press.

Guest kenya

As stated on the SU website (which is the same press)-

'This grommet press is SPECIFIC to the included grommets, and WILL NOT WORK with other brands.'

So I agree with Scott..... the dies will probably not.

I think it's good press , but the thing is it comes with only one die (smallest one).

When I get my first press , it came with small die and I was thinking to buy other 2 dies but......

Price was not so nice, so I ended up buying new press  from Ebay  with 3 dies and 900 grommets (different sizes) for $78.00

Just dies would cost me around $70.00 from local upholstery supply shop   or $55.00 on Ebay.

I rarely ever use small grommets (customers do not like them)

I'm not badmouthing  product  , just trying to say it would be nice if US Cutter offer customer to chose which die they want with press.

D

What size are the small grommets that you speak of?  I'm finding some on ebay with 7/16 ID. Good?

I have a competitors cheap press with 10 MM grommets...self piercing grommets. It does banners fine, has two larger dies but no grommets available, but it will NOT do coroplast, not even 4MM...Will the US Cutter press work with 4 and 10 mm Coro?:thumbsup:

as of right now, they are out of them..none listed.

They still have the grommets.

I have 3 of the presses..if you want one of them, PM me. I'll let it go cheap. Just the press with a few grommets to get you started.

well, not that great since on about the 6th grommet mine broke in half!

How about posting a pic so we can see where it broke and figure out why?

My guess is,probably cracked when you got it. I suggest contacting USC.

As for mine...8 months and going strong,into my 3rd pack of 1000 grommets. I even dropped it on a concrete floor once with no effect.