BannerJohn

US Cutter Grommet Press

I think it's good press , but the thing is it comes with only one die (smallest one).

When I get my first press , it came with small die and I was thinking to buy other 2 dies but......

Price was not so nice, so I ended up buying new press  from Ebay  with 3 dies and 900 grommets (different sizes) for $78.00

Just dies would cost me around $70.00 from local upholstery supply shop  or $55.00 on Ebay.

I rarely ever use small grommets (customers do not like them)

I'm not badmouthing  product  , just trying to say it would be nice if US Cutter offer customer to chose which die they want with press.

D

I think it's good press , but the thing is it comes with only one die (smallest one).

When I get my first press , it came with small die and I was thinking to buy other 2 dies but......

Price was not so nice, so I ended up buying new press  from Ebay  with 3 dies and 900 grommets (different sizes) for $78.00

Just dies would cost me around $70.00 from local upholstery supply shop   or $55.00 on Ebay.

I rarely ever use small grommets (customers do not like them)

I'm not badmouthing  product  , just trying to say it would be nice if US Cutter offer customer to chose which die they want with press.

D

I am told that the larger die is coming.

as for the smaller grommets..that's all I have used for 3 years and never a complaint.

Guest kenya

I received my grommet press from US Cutter yesterday.

I have to say, it's a great press for the price.

The grommets hold very nice & tight. It works very smooth.

I told Howard that I decided to buy it after reading John's review.

Thanks for the post John ! ;D

john is kind like the Paul Harvey of the forum - Great stories and Great Pitchman that  you believe in

john is kind like the Paul Harvey of the forum - Great stories and Great Pitchman that  you believe in

LMAO  ;D  ;D

Jen you know everyone loves John!  To me he's like my older southern cousin

I am very happy that you didn't say 'grand dad'

I ordered another one. The price between just 1000 grommets alone and the press with 1000 grommets was only $10. It don't take a genius to figure that one out.

Wow an estwing hammer with the HF kit.  Isn't that like putting Goodrich tires on your Lamborghini?

:angry:  :thumbsup:

i just threw one in with my squeegee and app tape order, as well as a new blade holder.

i too was befuddled at the fact that there were 2 sizes of grommets, but only one size die.

I have been told that the other size dies are coming.

I have an old button press from my AirForce days(i was a rigger)and was wondering if i could just buy the dies to do grommets or would the dies cost more than the press My press looks like the grommet press u talk about from uscutter

I kinda doubt it...it would all depend on how the dies attach to your press. On the grommet press, the top die screws in (your threads would have to match) and the bottom die just slides into the press. But,like I said..if you bought the dies separate,and the grommets, it would probably cost more than the grommet press with the dies and grommets. Believe me, $45 shipped is a good deal.

okay thanks I kinda figured that and some how i missed your earlier discussion about that guess i had tunnel vision anyway i will probably order one also i can definitely see the need for one.And thanks again

these forums are awesome,It really makes this vinyl cuttin stuff interesting.Thanks to everyone on this forum i think i have a couple of jobs doing some window art. Ive only had my machine two weeks and I'm starting to get buisness.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the brand name on the box when you get this grommet machine?  I just picked up a machine off sign warehouse's clearance shelf and it is a "Ding-tec" machine, comes with three die sets. It'd be nice if parts interchanges with the US Cutter machine, I could have one set up for each size that way..

It just comes in a regular shipping box..the only name I see on the machine is in Chinese, which I don't read yet. That being said, I've had 4 different presses and have yet to see any that had interchangable parts.

For the money you cant go wrong with this press I bought 4 of them just for the grommets.

But I do have a question I use it 99% of the time on coroplast and use them as self cutting but the final product is more crushed than clean looking they are not loose nice and tight but don't really look that good.

Is coroplast to thick? or is that just the way these grommets are?

I would think any PRESS would crush the coroplast when crimping the grommets

Its not the coroplast that looks crushed its the grommet.

Sort of like the grommet was hammered in with no dies.

yes, it will crush the coroplast. I've done hundreds without a single complaint from customers though.They love the grommet in the corners.

Hey John, How is this press holding up as of lately? Really looking to buy one like tonight since i want to get into banners.

I know it says not compatible with any other grommets but what if i buy the press, run out of grommets and USC shuts down, am i screwed? There isn't ANY other grommets that will fit?

Also, are the grommets self piercing?

It is holding up fine! The grommets are self-piercing. I was concerned about the future availability of grommets too, so I was gonna order 1000 more. Then I got to thinking...for only $10 more, I could order another PRESS with 1000 grommets. So now I have 2 presses and enough grommets to last me probably a few years.

Anyway, you're gonna pay around the same price JUST for 1000 grommets most places. So if you can't get grommets in the future to fit this one, you're really not out any money. It's like buying the grommets and getting a free press.