BannerJohn

US Cutter Grommet Press

Several people have asked me about the grommet press that USC is now offering:

http://www.uscutter.com/Grommet-Press-Set--Grommet-Press-plus-1000-Grommets_p_1137.html

I don't recommend anything until I see it and try it out. So, I managed to get one. Here are my thoughts:

It's a bit smaller than my current press, but just as heavy and sturdy. A bit tight between the dies if you have very large fingers.That is the only thing bad I can say about it. This is by far the best deal I've seen in a long time. The cost ($45 shipped) is about what you would expect to pay for the grommets alone anywhere else, and it comes with 1000 sets! The grommets themselves are just the right size for banners, with nice height on the hats...high enough for coroplast. The rings are better than any I have used..they actually dig into the material,and the fit is absolutely tight as a drum head! No need to go after with a hammer to tighten them down.

The upper die appears to be magnetized which helps a LOT in placing the rings.

And the price on the refill grommets is about half lower than anyone,anywhere..that I have seen.

I have no idea how this will hold up over time, but so far I am very impressed,especially for the price. I can recommend this grommet press without hesitation,to anyone looking for a good, inexpensive press.

• Like 1

Thanks for the review John! I may have to pick one up next week when I get some more money in the bank!

Guest fivestar

You're a hellva salesman John, I just bought one soley on your word.  :D

John, How much they paying you to say that. ( Just kidding, I know you are beyond reproach). A good review from you and they will be out of stock by the weekend.

greenie

Yeah man, thanks for the review.  I have been throwing the idea of getting one and I think you just made up my mind.  :D

i have always set grommets with a hammer. never even knew they sold those here.

i agree, for 1000 grommets, its almost like the press is free, you cant go wrong, imo.

I had to go with a press years ago because the hammer thing made the dog crazy.

Plus, the press does it all..the grommets are self-piercing.Once you use one, you will never want to go back to the hammer.

You're a hellva salesman John, I just bought one soley on your word.  :D

well, five..I told them right up front that if I didn't like it or it was a piece of crap (which I was expecting) I would say so. I tell it like I see it. This really is a good press,and would be at 3 times the price.

Marcus hit a home run on this one.

I don't think someone deleted post on here. I think that the forum crashed and we lost a lot of post from today in every board.

I don't think someone deleted post on here. I think that the forum crashed and we lost a lot of post from today in every board.

you could be  right. I would assume that everything would have been backed-up. But maybe not. I know there was a serious full forum crash for several hours today.

It's strange that the crash would delete a post here and there.  Was it something I said about their grommet machine?

Gary

Your right.

I had a post saying I liked it except cant use #2 grommets just uscutters?

I don't consider that a problem..considering that 500 grommets for my other press cost me $35. At $45 for a press and 1000 grommets,and 500 grommets for $13...I ain't gonna complain. I'll probably buy a new press a few times and give the presses away, keep the grommets. IT's a great deal any way you look at it.

And for referenece..I have had other presses that wouldn't use standard grommets too.

It's strange that the crash would delete a post here and there.  Was it something I said about their grommet machine?

Gary

I dunno...what did you say?

I couldn't find any of my posts made since yesterday that were still here...on any thread. I think a whole bunch of posts were lost.

I do know one thing...the ones I would have thought deleted them have not been on the forums today or yesterday. And,get this..a PM that I had read and replied to was showing that it was unread when the forum came back online. THis tells me something.

I wouldn't read anything into this.

UPDATE:

I have used it now for a week,and seriously folks, this is a good machine..especially for the price! It did coroplast with no problems, I have yet to need a hammer to finish the grommet out,it does it nice and tight...even on thinner banner material. I really can't say enough good things about it. This is my 4th grommet machine and it beats the others hands down.

John, this is really good to hear!!  I'll definitely keep this in mind when I need to replace mine.

I appreciate your input!  :angel:

John, this is really good to hear!!  I'll definitely keep this in mind when I need to replace mine.

I appreciate your input!  :angel:

Awww..you can have my old one,girl. But you gotta carry it up the stairs. It's a prety good press and I guarantee I paid a LOT more for it than the USC one but it does the job..not as good though.

THanks for the reviews John!! I will be ordering me one this week or in the next week or 2. Depends on how the funds go.

I like the idea of putting grommets in Coro-Plast to use those as a way to mount it using rope between 2 poles and stuff.

I ordered mine Saturday solely on John's report.  Was thinking about it and whether I really needed one at this point, but after the report I was sold!  I figure with word spreading and the demand going up for one I might miss out on the price or even inventory for that matter.  haha  ;D

Thanks again John.  And I do like the idea of coroplast. :angel:

Guest kenya

I just order one through Howard.......... I'm gonna throw my hammer one away soon as it gets here. :angel:  ;D

Thanks for all the info John !!

I just order one through Howard.......... I'm gonna throw my hammer one away soon as it gets here. :angel:  ;D

Thanks for all the info John !!

was it one of the hammers USC sells?

Guest kenya

No, I picked up a cheesy grommet kit from Harbor Freight for $2.88 and I already had an Estwing hammer. :thumbsup:

It works, but dang- it's noisy.

Wow an eastwing hammer with the HF kit.  Isn't that like putting Goodrich tires on your Lamborghini?