rumen1

My new CT630 doesn't cuts right

Hi. I am really glad, that I have found that forum. I am absolutely new in this, but I have purchased a King Cut CT630 plotter (I really can not understand the connection of PCut, Kingcut and etc. if there is any) from ebay and I have received it yesterday. But as soon as I have got it started, I have noticed, that it cuts really bad. And I think it is from the setup, because I really don't know anything about plotters yet.. So I have cut off a logo and I have saw, that the edges of the letters are not sharp and there are places, when the lines are not touching eachother and because of that there is an uncut place on nearly every letter. And some of the lines, that are supposed to be straight are not. And I really don't know what to do - is it that the plotter is bad or it is just that I don't know how to make the setups. I will be really happy if someone can help me out with this, because I am really disappointed...

One of the problems sounds like blade offset.

Depending on what software you are using you can usually change this in the settings area. The general offset is .25. Try that and if its still off try adjusting it by .05 one way or the other until you find the setting that works best.

Thanks, that is really helpful, but I have some other questions. The seller has given me some tips to the setups of the different softwares, so the things are better now, because, like Bigfoot Graphix said, the main problem was the offset, but when I use ArtCut, the result is much better, than with using FlexiSign. The problem with Flexi is, that there are places, which are very little deformed (I think that these are the places, on which the knife stops ang goes again). And because of that, some of the lines are irregular. I can use ArtCut of course, but the FlexiSign program is so much easier to use. I have also installed the Pcut plug-in for CorelDRAW (I am using CorelDRAW 12) and now I can vut directly from Corel, which is what I really want, because all my graphics are made with Corel. But here the problem is, that when i cut something all the old problems are coming back - the edges of the letters are not sharp and there are places, when the lines are not touching eachother and because of that there is an uncut place on nearly every letter. So of course it is all coming to the setup again, but the seller doesn't respond for now. Is anyone using this plug-in?

Signcut has an option to set offset too.

You cant set the offset in the machine.

For every program you use you need to set the offset.

Sign cut pro works fine. See the insctructional section for an how to contour cut with corel and SC PRO.

Paco

Yes, but I don't have SignCut. Someone said something about the cutting speed, but in the menu of the plotter there are two speeds - MV SPEED and DN SPEED. Which exactly should I reduce? The both are on 400 now.

Whow,

Only two speeds.

Sorry you mean PLTcut to direct cut from Corel12.

Was there a manual with the plotter?

Did some called Ray helped you with the set up?

Download the free Signblazer elements version for US cutter and install it.

It has a offset section in the plotter screen mentioned in the new bie manual.

Paco

No, I am from Bulgaria and this is the main problem - nobody here knows this brand and nobody can help me with this.

And yes - I have installed the PLTcut plug-in for Coerl12 and it is exactly what I need, but I can't get the setup right.

I have Signblazer on my PC, but there the setup is also a mystery...  :angel:

I will try with it too, because the newie manual is all very good explained, but because I use only Corel for my stuff, the PLTcut whas really the best option for me.

And I want to ask another thing - the seller has said to me, that if I change the blade holder of my plotter with one, that is made for Roland plotter, that will also help. Is it true and will it fit perfectly?

Thanks again for the help.  ;D

Where did you buy the machine from?

The PCUT 1.5 mm _ 11.4 mm holder works fine there is no reason for changing this.

Only Roland blades are a little cheaper. use 2mm _11.0 mm blade holders.

Try first new bie manual and SBE to understand how the plotter works.

If your past that stage use PLcut and Corel.

Try plotter pen first for all your test before you use the knife.

Paco

I have bought the machine from ebay.co.uk .

OK, so there is no point changing the blade holder. But I will buy some more blades, because the blades, that are included are all the same angle ( I don't know which exactly, but I thing they are 45). And I want to cut small objects, so I will try with other blades.

Actually, when I plot with the pen - the shapes are OK< but when I cut, there are non-cut places, about 1mm.

Thanks, that is really helpful, but I have some other questions. The seller has given me some tips to the setups of the different softwares, so the things are better now, because, like Bigfoot Graphix said, the main problem was the offset, but when I use ArtCut, the result is much better, than with using FlexiSign. The problem with Flexi is, that there are places, which are very little deformed (I think that these are the places, on which the knife stops ang goes again). And because of that, some of the lines are irregular. I can use ArtCut of course, but the FlexiSign program is so much easier to use. I have also installed the Pcut plug-in for CorelDRAW (I am using CorelDRAW 12) and now I can vut directly from Corel, which is what I really want, because all my graphics are made with Corel. But here the problem is, that when i cut something all the old problems are coming back - the edges of the letters are not sharp and there are places, when the lines are not touching eachother and because of that there is an uncut place on nearly every letter. So of course it is all coming to the setup again, but the seller doesn't respond for now. Is anyone using this plug-in?

you have to start with blade offset at .019 in Flexi  as it is in inches...