joshlw

Copam skipping lines and not cutting deep enough

My copam has started cutting some lines not deep enough to weed and also just flat out skipping some lines all together.  I need help asap on this. It seems as is everytime I try to cut something on this thing it something else wrong.

Blade should barely be sticking out of the blade holder. How does it plot on paper with a pen?

Try plotting with a pen first and see how that comes out.  If it draws fine, try increasing your blade to where you're actually cutting through the vinyl.  Once you have done that, and are still getting parts that are not cut out, increase your pressure to compensate for it.

When I was adjusting mine, I thought I had the blade out enough just by looking at it. It wasn't until I looked at it under a magnifying glass that I saw I had it out way too far, like, double the thickness of the vinyl and backing. I adjusted it down to just a hair more than the thickness of the vinyl, and started my pressure at 300 g. After some pressure adjustments it cut perfectly. The blade really is just barely sticking out. In fact, to the naked eye mine doesn't even look like it's out at all. Try adjusting the blade depth with a magnifying glass then fine tuning with the pressure.

When I was adjusting mine, I thought I had the blade out enough just by looking at it. It wasn't until I looked at it under a magnifying glass that I saw I had it out way too far, like, double the thickness of the vinyl and backing. I adjusted it down to just a hair more than the thickness of the vinyl, and started my pressure at 300 g. After some pressure adjustments it cut perfectly. The blade really is just barely sticking out. In fact, to the naked eye mine doesn't even look like it's out at all. Try adjusting the blade depth with a magnifying glass then fine tuning with the pressure.

This is still an issue. I am going upstairs now to readjust everything and see what happens. I will give an update later. pics attache of what is going on. Not cutting all the way through on just one side.

post-426-12986558142342_thumb.jpg

post-426-12986558162576_thumb.jpg

okay so a little playing and a lot of 651 gone I have it cutting and weeding nicely, but 230g of force to get it . Does that sound like a lot ? what else could I have set wrong that would cause this?  It cuts shapes numbers and anything else great, but the little squares or long horiz. lines like the weed line it want cut all the way through.

Is "Auto Weld" disabled, it should be if you don't want nodes merged?

Usually the issue when mine misses cuts...

RG

Is "Auto Weld" disabled, it should be if you don't want nodes merged?

Usually the issue when mine misses cuts...

RG

Im cutting from SB and I will double check, but its not acually missing the cut just not cutting all the way through on that horrizontil line. I felt my cutting strip and there is a long horiz. cut on it feels pretty deep could that be the problem? I have always only used 100g of force and now i need 300.  ;D??

Cutting strips can be repaired using reflective vinyl . Somewhere in here ( I should have saved where it is ) is a link to a list of 10 tips & the cutting strip repair was 1 of them .

sounds like too much blade exposure .

have you tried this?

Actually you can take the blade holder out of the vinyl cutter, and in your hand cut across a piece of vinyl. There should just barely be a marking on the vinyl backing. Keep adjusting the blade in until it just barely makes any mark on the vinyl backing, Now put the holder back in your vinyl cutter. If it does not cut the vinyl. keep adjusting the force until it cuts smoothly. and once again. barely marking the vinyl backing paper. Put the blade offset at 0.25mm and make test cuts using the test feature on your vinyl cutter. move at either -.05mm increments or +.05mm until you get sharp corners on your test cuts.

• Like 1

My copam has started cutting some lines not deep enough to weed and also just flat out skipping some lines all together.  I need help asap on this. It seems as is everytime I try to cut something on this thing it something else wrong.

This is not an issue with the user or settings...it the machine i have noticed this problem with more frequency...i have the same...ive been cutting for a long time...and know what im doing ...tried all the settings pressures tip lengths and what not in the book and it still skips from right to left....what is uscutter doing? to help us out?:huh:?? i ordered a new blade holder to see if this helps....will keep you posted....i should have stayed away and just bought a roland....

This is not an issue with the user or settings...it the machine i have noticed this problem with more frequency...i have the same...ive been cutting for a long time...and know what im doing ...tried all the settings pressures tip lengths and what not in the book and it still skips from right to left....what is uscutter doing? to help us out?:huh:?? i ordered a new blade holder to see if this helps....will keep you posted....i should have stayed away and just bought a roland....

Sometimes 1 should heed 1's own advice ....

well anyone figure this out yet...i got my new blade holder i the mail thursday...and lost it by friday....ahhhhh go figure...well ordered another should be here in about a week.....i want to install the new blade holder before i call us cutter dont want anyone telling me to change this or that..i want to try it all before i call...if you have issue please post here...so uscutter realizes this is a big issue...thank you all

I did figure out that problem in my situation .. I had put the blade holder in the cardboard box all the accessories came in .. I finally found it .. I suggest to keep looking . I am confident you will find it also .

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same (VERY ODD) issue. It seems to have developed over night... I have not changed anything. Anyone left to help?

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same (VERY ODD) issue. It seems to have developed over night... I have not changed anything. Anyone left to help?

put a drop of oil in your blade holder, check the cut strip for damage and 9times out of 10 too much blade exposure as stated above

Im having the same problem with my cop an 3050 

I have a bigger machine but i can't even use half of it because the cutter doesn't seem to cut deep enough on one side. 

I've tried all the suggested methods above and nothing  :-\

the right side of my machine will make a small cut but it won't actually cut deep enough for me to weed.

Left side on the other hand is perfect every time. 

Sounds like the flat surface where the cutting strip is located is not equidistant from

the blade from one end to the other. Have you tried replacing the cutting strip?

Perhaps there is some way to shim that end of the unit?