Sign in to follow this  
NewToSigns

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera stickers

Ok I got a request to do a graphic on a 08 Lambo Gallardo.  He wants the Superleggera Sticker down the sides. He wants it in flat black with the superleggera logo. So just a flat black swoosh to say going down each side.

I will be using a 24"x8' piece of oracal 651 matte black.

With vehicle graphics do you guys still charge buy the foot and then labor. 

With my numbers I came up with $218 installed

Does that seem kinda low?

$8/ft x 16sqft = 128  Material

$45/hr x 2 Hrs = 90 Labor

superleggera07_111600.jpg

http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/images/lamborghini/2007-lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera/superleggera07_111600.jpg

I'd be at $242 Installed. I would use cast only for this though. It's going a Lambo and the price difference between cast and cal isn't enough to be cheap on the vinyl IMO

cast $242 Installed

cal $210 Installed

For vehicle lettering i have a PSF price as well as labor on the install. Signs are a bit different.

I'd agree on the cast vinyl.  You can get Oracal 851 matte black.  Where I order from, it's $5.63/yd for 10yds, which would leave you with plenty leftover.

If the person is driving a Lamborghini, I would think they would be willing to pay the difference... :thumbsup:

excuse the question, still new, but what is the difference between the cast and cal? 

I am in Arizona, I have the 651 the owner is dropping the lambo off wed 1/20/10 at the stereo shop where I had got this job. What would happen if I used the 651?  Anyone in Arizona sell me some Cal. Black Matte?

Guest fivestar

Calendared (651) will shrink a little bit, especially in AZ.  Cast will not and will hold up to the AZ. heat A LOT better.

Cast vinyl is considered a high performance vinyl because it is also better on curves, glossier and more conformable to un even surfaces. This type of vinyl will also not shrink like calendared vinyl and will fade less over time.

No offense, but your new to this and installing graphics on a lambo? What method do you plan to use to install this?

Also, do not use anything other than 851 or 751 cast vinyl. Just like midwaste said, the Arizona heat doesn't mix with 651. Your customer obviously has money, why not do it right the first time?

Do you have this template already made?

come on man you gotta charge at least double since it is going on a lambo, you know the guy will pay it lol

Yep, you'll hate me now but love me later if you use cast vinyl for this.

Being in AZ, i wouldn't even carry cal to be honest lol

An example on pricing is a 15x10 yd roll of cal is around $20 where cast would be around $40. For only $20 more, you get a vinyl that conforms to curves, rivets, more gloss, easier to work with and holds up longer.

Trust me, I installed 651 stripes once and it was a PITA to lay down w/o bubbles, Just did 18" wide stripes in cast the other week and it went on FLAWLESS.

Now order some cast matte black, bump the price to $250-$275 and make some money!

come on man you gotta charge at least double since it is going on a lambo, you know the guy will pay it lol

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.  The stripes from the dealer are probably $1500, at least.

I'd be VERY careful nonetheless.  I have made some very slight scratches from squeegeeing off the tape on sign substrates, which is not a huge deal, but a lambo paint job...  The thought of screwing up a bit and having to poke a few holes (bad idea in AZ, even with cast) or hell, having to scrape it off and re-apply makes me queasy.

The MSRP on that car was $180,050.00-$217,300.00.

And used ones can actually sell for More than a brand New one.

You BETTER have PROPER INSURANCE to cover your butt should Anything go Wrong. :thumbsup:

You Don't get an Earl Shieb paint job as a fix on one of those.

You don't even know what kind of vinyl should be used on autos let alone a car like this, a simple graphic yes, but one Tiny mistake could cost YOU a heck of ALOT.

I suggest you cut a few dozen graphics and Practice installing them on your own car over and over.

I was a body and fender man/Auto Painter for many years, and still would be a little nervous, even though the shop would have had the coverage needed.

How much is your home worth equity wise? :thumbsup:

Be Careful, and Good luck.

The MSRP on that car was $180,050.00-$217,300.00.

And used ones can actually sell for More than a brand New one.

You BETTER have PROPER INSURANCE to cover your butt should Anything go Wrong. :thumbsup:

You Don't get an Earl Shieb paint job as a fix on one of those.

You don't even know what kind of vinyl should be used on autos let alone a car like this, a simple graphic yes, but one Tiny mistake could cost YOU a heck of ALOT.

I suggest you cut a few dozen graphics and Practice installing them on your own car over and over.

I was a body and fender man/Auto Painter for many years, and still would be a little nervous, even though the shop would have had the coverage needed.

How much is your home worth equity wise? :thumbsup:

Be Careful, and Good luck.

well said A&P

I am not sure how I am going to apply it yet.  Thursday it will be raining and probably 65 ish outside. I was thinking wet, because i find it easier and have less bubbles.  But wet i don't know about drying and being able to unapp tape it. Tomorrow morning I am calling around to some local distributors to find some cast probably 751 or 951. when I ordered the 651 black matte, I had to get it drop shipped no one had it in stock. If not I will try calling some local sign shops. Is there anyone on here from Arizona, East Valley?  

I used 1 of those pics to trace and get the template. I wont see the car till tomorrow to get sizes.

ANY APPLICATION RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Its a stereo shop I work at and have been doing stickers for and the lambo owner had came in for stereo work, and mentioned he wanted that down the side and the stereo shop owner gave him my info.

Install it wet, it's 65 degrees so it won't be a problem. I even did some installs in 32 degree weather and had minimal problems.

Use rapid tac 1 (pink). You can pick up a gallon for only $25 and use it on graphics and signs. The job should be super easy.

I am not sure how I am going to apply it yet. lol Thursday it will be raining and probably 65 ish outside. I was thinking wet, because i find it easier and have less bubbles.  But wet i don't know about drying and being able to unapp tape it. Tomorrow morning I am calling around to some local distributors to find some cast probably 751 or 951. when I ordered the 651 black matte, I had to get it drop shipped no one had it in stock. If not I will try calling some local sign shops. Is there anyone on here from Arizona, East Valley?  

I used 1 of those pics to trace and get the template. I wont see the car till tomorrow to get sizes.

Its a stereo shop I work at and have been doing stickers for and the lambo owner had came in for stereo work, and mentioned he wanted that down the side and the stereo shop owner gave him my info.

I mean No offence to you,

But, you really have No business touching a car like this.

You are not Qualified. You are Not covered with proper Insurance coverage should Anything go wrong.

Sign shops carry 1-5 Million and UP insurance policies, that are business policies to cover their butts.

Your homeowners or your auto insurance will NOT cover you.

You don't know how to go about installing this.

You should be Confident in your application method wet or dry.

Your install methods should be second nature to you, not, hey any suggestions on how to install a simple graphic on a ohhh $200,000.00 car? :thumbsup:

Trust me, You screw up and that stereo shop won't even know who you are let alone cover you.

In all likelyhood you won't have a problem, but IF you do, you will be the one to Pay to FIX it.

Call some Local sign shops and get a price from them to do this, then see if you can get a finders fee or something.

Then get some Practice in on some Chevys and Hondas.

Scratch the paint with a squeegee, even a Felt one or walking from one side to the other and trip or drop something that hits the car and chips the paint and you are in DEEP.

It would be an Awsome project and a Good portfolio piece, but it sure sounds like you Need to get alot more Experience under your belt before trying this one. IMO.

You better get on youtube and start watching vids. Then go Practice some installs on your own car awhile.

(I haven't even mentioned that that graphic is most likely Copyrighted.)

A&P I am nervous about this I never thought about it that way though. Tomorrow morning I will go into a local sign shop, I kinda like that one better! Thats why I went on here asking opinions.

A&P I am nervous about this I never thought about it that way though. Tomorrow morning I will go into a local sign shop, I kinda like that one better! Thats why I went on here asking opinions.

To be honest, I see your point A&P but i think this job is so easy there won't be any issue. I would do this with zero questions.

I do alot of work on freshly painted vehicles that are 2 days old most times and i have no problems. Yes this car is very expensive but it's still a car. I wouldn't give the business to a competitor, that's why you have your own shop  :thumbsup:

As for copyright stuff, I have stayed away from that stuff for the most part, but I took out the superleggera, and now its just a swoosh shape would that still be infringing on the copyright?

As for copyright stuff, I have stayed away from that stuff for the most part, but I took out the superleggera, and now its just a swoosh shape would that still be infringing on the copyright?

I can't answer that one, I am not a Lawyer, nor have I ever played one on TV.  :thumbsup:

Subbing out work is done All the time. A shop that don't do complete car wraps, will take the job, design it, price it, then sub out the printing (if they don't have the wide printer needed) and sub out the install, or both to a shop they have worked out Wholesale pricing with in advance, that does them.

They make some money and you do.

This looks to be a Simple job, but that one in a million chance and not being properly covered could hurt you for a Long time.

Be careful and I wish you the best with it.  :thumbsup:

I am not sure how I am going to apply it yet. lol Thursday it will be raining and probably 65 ish outside. I was thinking wet, because i find it easier and have less bubbles.  But wet i don't know about drying and being able to unapp tape it. Tomorrow morning I am calling around to some local distributors to find some cast probably 751 or 951. when I ordered the 651 black matte, I had to get it drop shipped no one had it in stock. If not I will try calling some local sign shops. Is there anyone on here from Arizona, East Valley?  

You are not Qualified. You are Not covered with proper Insurance coverage should Anything go wrong.

Sign shops carry 1-5 Million and UP insurance policies, that are business policies to cover their butts.

Your install methods should be second nature to you, not, hey any suggestions on how to install a simple graphic on a ohhh $200,000.00 car? :thumbsup:

Trust me, You screw up and that stereo shop won't even know who you are let alone cover you.

In all likelyhood you won't have a problem, but IF you do, you will be the one to Pay to FIX it.

Call some Local sign shops and get a price from them to do this, then see if you can get a finders fee or something.

Scratch the paint with a squeegee, even a Felt one or walking from one side to the other and trip or drop something that hits the car and chips the paint and you are in DEEP.

It would be an Awsome project and a Good portfolio piece, but it sure sounds like you Need to get alot more Experience under your belt before trying this one. IMO.

You better get on youtube and start watching vids. Then go Practice some installs on your own car awhile.

Wow, A+P, 6 months in the business and you are a old pro already.  Why don't you leave the long-winded holier-than-thou diatribes at S101?

We are here to give helpful advice and "You have no business touching this" and "You are not qualified" is not helpful, at all.

I think its all BS, it's my evil twin jerkin our chain.

who is going to ask someone to apply a decal on that car that doesn't know the difference between cast and calendar.

Wow, A+P, 6 months in the business and you are a old pro already.  Why don't you leave the long-winded holier-than-thou diatribes at S101?

We are here to give helpful advice and "You have no business touching this" and "You are not qualified" is not helpful, at all.

Never have I ever claimed to be mid waste.

Again, never said anything about being what you claim as "holier-than-thou".

I gave sound advice, in an informative manner.

The OP's questions gave me and others the impression that he has little experience.

If the OP had stated he had a full auto/truck Wrap I would give him basically the same sound advice to pass it along to an experienced shop/installer, and take your cut for getting the job.

No harm no foul in that, jobs are Subbed out all the time. No shame in it either.

It makes perfect business sence to do so. He gets all the alcolades without any of the Risks.

And can do jobs more in his comfort zone, gaining the experience to move on to jobs that have a higher risk factor if anything went wrong with them.

At least by then he would have more installation experience under his belt.

(Less Risks)

A few others were giving the same type of advice, I would hate to see an inexperienced person (myself included) take on a job that if something went wrong and Damage was done it could you Ruin you financially.

(Sound advice IMO)

How is giving that type of advice a bad thing?

Because you would recklessly take on a job with no experience or care about the risks involved should something go wrong?

:thumbsup:

maybe the bold type implies some kind of authority in your post also . . .not quite yelling but also going for the extra attention.  Just my 2c