Sign in to follow this  
bugzmaxx

making sign grids

i have to make a decal for room assignments that will be placed on a white dryerase board. how do i make the grid look like boxes so that dates and tasks can be erased. i tried microsoft word and excel and then copied and pasted but when I do that the boxes are not complete boxes. is there an easier way to do this.thanx in advance for any help with this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Like something in the pic below?  Aside from drawing it in the program of your choice, the grid in the pic was created in Adobe illustrator with the grid tool. 

post-2477-12986549333652_thumb.jpg

post-2477-12986549346458_thumb.jpg

I did the same thing in Microsoft word and when I paste it,parts are missing. The lines have to be like 1/4 inch wide. Any other programs that I can use to do this?

Create a rectangle the sizse of your whiteboard. Figure ont how many columns and rows you want. From that you can figure how big to make each square. (Make sure to leave room for the .25" seperation between. SignBlazer has an array function that lets you duplicate elements. Use it to create your other rectangles on top of your large rectangle. Edit + Select All then Arrange + Combine.

http://screencast.com/t/MTg0MjJmMzU

Jay